- Çelebi (disambiguation)
Çelebi (also rendered as Čelebi in Bosnian and Chalabi in some Arabic transliterations) is a traditional Turkish honorific, used in the Ottoman period after the given name of a male person and roughly meaning "gentleman", originally indicating nobility but later generalized to well-bred educated men.
It may specifically refer to:
- Celebi (Pokémon), a Pokémon species
- Çelebi, a district of Kırıkkale Province of Turkey
- Çelebi (tribe),
- Asaf Halet Çelebi (1907–1958), 20th century Turkish poet
- Ahmed Chalabi, spelt differently as the pronunciation differs in Arabic; Al-Chalabi (الجلبي)
- Evliya Çelebi (1611–1682), 17th century Ottoman traveller
- Gazi Çelebi, pirate and 14th century ruler of Sinop
- Hasan Çelebi (born 1937), Turkish master of Arabic calligraphy
- Hezârfen Ahmed Çelebi, 17th century Ottoman aviator
- Hoca Çelebi, 15th century Ottoman Grand Mufti
- Katip Çelebi (1609–1657), 17th century Ottoman scholar
- Lagâri Hasan Çelebi (died 17th-century), brother of Hezarfen, 17th century Ottoman aviator
- Sons of Ottoman Sultan Bayezid I (see Ottoman Interregnum)
- Süleyman Çelebi (poet), (?–1422), a poet, see Turkish folk literature
- Mehmet F. Celebi, former president of the Turkish American Cultural Association
- Noman Çelebicihan, a Crimean Tatar leaders
- Salem Chalabi
- Selma Chalabi
This page or section lists people with the surname Çelebi or Chalabi. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link. This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.