- List of films depicting Colombia
This is a list of films depicting Colombia or specific aspects of it, such as its role in the illegal drug trade or its internal conflict. It is very common that those films (i.e. Collateral Damage, Mr. & Ms. Smith, XXX) fail in the reproduction of the country: Some of these mistakes include showing Bogotá or Medellín as sylvatic or coastal regions, using Mexican or Cuban actors (different from Colombians, especially accent), and a general inaccuracy regarding the depiction of how the conflicts between government and drug-trading cartels work.
- Behind Enemy Lines: Colombia
- Bruce Almighty
- Clear and Present Danger
- Collateral Damage
- Lord of War
- Mr. & Mrs. Smith
- Proof of Life
- Delta Force 2: The Colombian Connection
- The Specialist
- Romancing the Stone
- Miami Vice
- Green Ice
- Superman III
- The Wizad (David Rapparport)(1988)
- Mission: Impossible: Church Bells in Bogota (1990) - Director: Arch Nicholson Main Cast: Peter Graves, Thaao Penghlis, Tony Hamilton, Phil Morris, Jane Badler
Release Year: 1990 Country: US Run Time: 60 minutes
- Paraiso Travel (2008), specially the impoverished comunas of Medellin.
- Soñar No Cuesta Nada (2006), based on a true story about a group of Colombian soldiers that found huge amounts of illegal money hidden by guerrilla in the middle of the jungle. The events took place during the Holy Week of 2003. Submitted to the Academy Awards as a candidate for Best Foreign Language Film (2007).
- Maria Full of Grace (2004), a Colombian-American production
- Love In The Time Of Cholera (2008)
- Rosario Tijeras (2005), based on the novel of Jorge Franco, directed by Emilio Maillé
- La Virgen de los Sicarios (2000), based on the novel of Fernando Vallejo, directed by Barbet Schroeder
- Golpe de Estadio
- Rodrigo D: No Future
- La Vendedora de Rosas
- Sumas y Restas
- La estrategia del caracol (1993), directed and produced by Sergio Cabrera.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.