- Nancy Malone
Nancy Malone Born March 19, 1935
Queens Village, Long Island, New York, United States
Occupation Actress, director and producer Years active 1950-2003
Nancy Malone (born March 19, 1935) is an American television actress, principally in guest roles from the 1950s to 1970s, who moved into producing and directing in the 1980s and 1990s.
She played "Libby" on the TV series Naked City from 1960 to 1963. During the same period, she played the character "Robin Lang Bowden Fletcher" on the daytime soap opera Guiding Light. She subsequently played "Clara Varner" on the TV series The Long Hot Summer, which ran for one season on ABC, as well as appearing opposite Nick Adams in The Outer Limits episode Fun and Games as "Laura Hanley".
In 1976, she became the first female vice-president of television at 20th Century Fox. In 1977 she was awarded one of the first Crystal Awards by Women in Film for outstanding women who, through their endurance and the excellence of their work, have helped to expand the role of women within the entertainment industry. She won an Emmy Award for producing Bob Hope: The First 90 Years (1993) (TV) and was nominated for Emmy Awards for directing episodes of Sisters in (1991), and The Trials of Rosie O'Neill in (1992).
Filmography as director
- The Guardian (TV series)
- Resurrection Blvd (TV series)
- Judging Amy (TV series)
- Star Trek: Voyager (TV series)
- Fame L.A. (TV series)
- Central Park West (TV Series)
- Touched by an Angel (1994) (TV series)
- Diagnosis: Murder (1993) (TV series)
- Melrose Place (1992) (TV series)
- The Trials of Rosie O'Neill (TV series)
- Sisters (1991) (TV series)
- Beverly Hills, 90210 (TV series)
- Hotel (1983) (TV series)
- Dynasty (1981) (TV series)
- Knots Landing (1979) (TV series)
- The Bionic Woman (1977) (Producer for two episodes)
- The Fugitive (1964–1966) (Producer for two episodes)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.