Enoch (from Hebrew: חֲנוֹךְ, Modern H̱anokh Tiberian Ḥănôḵ; Greek: Ενώχ, Enōkh; Arabic Name: إينوخ muslim usage; أخنوخ in Arab Christian usage) "initiated, dedicated, disciplined") is a Hebrew name. It may refer to:
- Enoch (ancestor of Noah), the son of Jared, a great-grandfather of Noah, and father of Methuselah
- Enoch (son of Cain), son of Cain, after whom Cain named the first city he founded.
- Hanoch (Enoch), son of Reuben
- Hanoch (Enoch), one of the five sons of Midian
- Enos (Bible) (or Enosh), a grandson of Adam (Genesis 5:5-6), and great grandfather of Enoch (Genesis 5:18).
- Enoch Crosby (1750–1835), American soldier and spy during the Revolutionary War
- Enoch Hood (1861–1940), English footballer
- Enoch Light (1905–1978), American musician and producer
- Enoch Olinga (1926–1979), Ugandan missionary
- Enoch Powell (1912–1998), British politician
- Enoch Pratt (1808–1896), American businessman and philanthropist
- Enoch Showunmi (born 1982), British football player
- Enoch Sontonga (1873–1905), South African composer
- Enoch L. Johnson (1883-1968), Atlantic City, New Jersey political boss and racketeer
- Enoch, main character in the video game, El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
- Enoch Cain, the sociopathic antagonist of Dean Koontz's suspense novel, From the Corner of His Eye
- Enoch Root, fictional character from Neal Stephenson's novels The Baroque Cycle and Cryptonomicon
- Enoch Soames, eponymous protagonist in an eponymous short story by Max Beerbohm
- Nucky Thompson, main character from the television series Boardwalk Empire
- Enoch, Utah, a small city in Iron County, USA
- Enoch Cree Nation, near Edmonton, Canada
- Enoch Lake, A small community near Lake Park, Georgia, USA
- Enoch, a band later renamed P.O.D. (Payable on Death)
- "Enoch", a short story from the Pleasant Dreams: Nightmares collection by Robert Bloch
- "Enoch and the Gorilla", a short story from The Complete Stories (O'Connor) collection by Flannery O'Connor
- Enoch Linux, the original name of Gentoo Linux
- Book of Enoch
- Enochian (disambiguation)
- Hanoch (disambiguation)
- Henoch (disambiguation)
- Chanoch (disambiguation)
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.