NiS may refer to:
- Nickel sulfide NiS
Nis or NIS may refer to:
- Niš, a city in south-eastern Serbia.
- Ness, Western Isles (Scottish Gaelic: Nis), a village in the Outer Hebrides islands.
In politics and government:
- New Israeli Shekel, the currency unit of Israel.
- Newly Independent State, a title used for a former Soviet republic after the fall of the USSR.
- National Intelligence Service (South Korea), South Korea's state security agency.
- National Intelligence Service (Greece), Greece's national intelligence agency.
- Norwegian Intelligence Service, Norway's military intelligence agency.
- Naval Investigative Service, the predecessor of the Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) as the U.S. Navy's internal law enforcement branch.
- Statistics Belgium (Dutch: Nationaal Instituut voor de Statistiek, French: Institut National de Statistique), the main government statistics office of Belgium.
- Nuclear Information Service, NIS is a not-for-profit, independent information service based in the UK, which works to promote public awareness and foster debate on nuclear disarmament and related safety and environmental issues.
- National Institute of Statistics of Cambodia, the National statistical agency of Cambodia.
- Newly Independent States, the countries formerly in the Soviet Union
- Network Information Service, also known as "Yellow Pages" (YP); a client-server directory service protocol by Sun Microsystems for managing a network.
- Norton Internet Security, computer security software developed by Symantec Corporation.
- Nippon Ichi Software, a developer and publisher of video games.
- Network information system, a system to manage other networks.
- Network and Information Security, a term extensively used by European Network and Information Security Agency (ENISA).
- Johnson (rapper), Danish rapper also known as N.I.S.
NIS can also refer to:
- Naftna Industrija Srbije, Petroleum Industry of Serbia
- National Institute of Sports, an educational center in India
- National innovation system, which examines knowledge production in a firm
- N-Iodosuccinimide, a reagent used in organic synthesis and source of electrophilic iodine
- Sodium-iodide symporter, found in the thyroid gland
- The Nanjing International School, school serving the expatriate community of Nanjing
- Nishimachi International School, a private school in Tokyo, Japan
- The Nordic Integrated System, a type of ski binding in cross-country skiing developed by Rottefella
- The Norwegian International Ship Register, in Norwegian Norsk Internasjonalt Skipsregister (NIS)
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.Categories:
- Disambiguation pages
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.