- The Falcon (band)
Infobox musical artist
Name = The Falcon
Img_size = 260
Background = group_or_band
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Red Scare Industries
Associated_acts = Slapstick
The BroadwaysBaxter The Lawrence ArmsSundowner Alkaline Trio
URL = [http://myspace.com/thefalconisbiggerthanjesus MySpace]
Current_members = Brendan Kelly
Neil Hennessy Dan Andriano Eli Caterer Chris McCaughan
The Falcon is a
Chicago-based punk rocksupergroup. The band features The Lawrence Armsmembers Brendan Kelly ( guitarand vocals) and Neil Hennessyon drums, as well as Alkaline Trio's Dan Andrianoon bass. Todd Mohney, former member of Rise Against, played guitar on the 2004 EP but could not attend the recording session for the band's first full length " Unicornography" [ [http://www.thepunksite.com/interviews.php?page=lawrencearms ThePunkSite.com | The Lawrence Arms Interview - Brendan Kelly ] ] , and his spot was temporarily filled in by Kelly and Hennessy.
Kelly, the creative force behind the band, has said in interviews that the line-up would almost definitely change in order to tour successfully. Specifically, he cited Andriano's role in the Alkaline Trio as making the bass player's availability for touring limited. Kelly and Andriano previously played together from 1993-1996 in the ska/punk band Slapstick.
In December 2004, the band released the
EP"God Don't Make No Trash -or- Up Your Ass With Broken Glass". An interesting trait of the EP is that, like the name of the EP, each song has two different names. The EP received a number of positive reviews.
On September 26th, 2006, the band released their first full-length album "
Unicornography". The album has a very fast paced, hard sound in comparison to The Lawrence Armsolder works, and is more similar in tone and style to their 2006 album, "Oh! Calcutta!". The album also features re-recorded versions of the songs "I'm So Happy I Could Just Cry Myself to Sleep -or- The Routes We Wander" and "Building the Perfect Asshole Parade -or- Scratching Off the Fleas", both of which were originally featured on the band's 2004 EP. In 2007 they made their first music video for the song "The La-Z-Boy 500".
* "Protect: A Benefit For The National Association To Protect Children" (2005) Fat Wreck Chords with the song "Building The Perfect Asshole Parade -or- Scratching Off The Fleas"
* "Protect: A Benefit For The National Association To Protect Children Vol. 2" (2007) Asian Man Records with the song "Blackout"
Uses in media
*The song "Blackout" was featured in the 2007
EA Sportsskateboarding video game "Skate."
Slapstick Family Tree
* [http://thelawrencearms.net/ Official Site of the Lawrence Arms]
* [http://www.alkalinetrio.com/ Official Site of the Alkaline Trio]
* [http://www.redscare.net/ Red Scare Records]
* [http://www.punknews.org/bands/thefalcon Punknews.org Profile of the Falcon (Interviews, Reviews)]
* [http://www.thepunksite.com/interviews.php?page=lawrencearms Link to Brendan Kelly interview]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.