Necrodeath Origin Genoa, Italy Genres Extreme Metal Years active 1985–1989
Labels Scarlet Records Associated acts Cadaveria, Opera IX, Mastercastle, Website http://www.necrodeath.net/ Members Flegias
Necrodeath is an Italian extreme metal band from Liguria. It is one of the first extreme metal bands originating in Italy. They take inspiration from Slayer, Possessed, Kreator, Celtic Frost and Bathory. The band is also renowned for its great live performances, and notably for their "wall of sound".
The band was formed in 1984 under the name Ghostrider by Claudio (guitars) and Peso (drums) who, right after having seen Venom in concert decided that they wanted to be metal artists as well. Along with Ingo (vocals) and Paolo (bass) they released as a first recording a 4-track demo titled "The Shining Pentagram" with Slayer, Kreator and Bathory influences, which gained them an important following throughout the underground metal scene.
Both first albums Into the Macabre (1987) and Fragments of Insanity (1989) were acclaimed by metal press and fanzines and allowed Necrodeath to have a cult following that is still present to this day. The band disbanded soon after the recording of the second album.
Historical members Claudio and Peso reformed the band in 1998 after a long break. Ingo was replaced by Flegias on vocals, while John became the new bass player. They have since released seven albums, described as "challenging, eclectic heavy metal".
In 2008 Pier Gonella joined on guitar as an official member after touring with the band for two years.
- Flegias (born Marçelo Santos) - Vocals, also of Cadaveria and Opera IX
- Pier Gonella - Guitars
- GL - Bass
- Peso - Drums
- Claudio - 1985-2003 Guitars
- Ingo - 1985-1998 Vocals
- Paolo - 1985-1998 Bass
- Andy - 2006-2007 Guitars
- John - 1998-2008 Bass
- Maxx - ?-2009 Guitars
- Into the Macabre (1987)
- Fragments of Insanity (1989)
- Mater of All Evil (1999)
- Black as Pitch (2001)
- Ton(e)s of Hate (2003)
- 20 Years of Noise (2005)
- 100% Hell (2006)
- Draculea (2007)
- Phylogenesis (2009)
- Old Skull (2010)
- The Age of Fear (2011)
- Idiosyncrasy (2011)
- Rehearsal '84 (1984, as Ghostrider)
- The Exorcist (1984, as Ghostrider)
- Mayhemic Destruction (1985, as Ghostrider)
- The Shining Pentagram (1985)
- Mondocane: Project One (con Schizo) (1990)
- From Hate To Scorn Home Video (2001)
- ^ Necrodeath Biography from the official site
- ^ a b Rivadavia, Eduardo "Necrodeath Biography", Allmusic, retrieved 2010-04-04
- ^ Rivadavia, Eduardo "Ton(e)s of Hate Review" Allmusic, retrieved 2010-04-04
- ^ Harris, Chris (2008) "Metal File", MTV, September 12, 2008, retrieved 2010-04-04
- ^ "CADAVERIA Begins Recording New Album", Blabbermouth.net, 16 March 2010, retrieved 2010-04-04
- ^ Necrodeath Announces "Idiosyncrasy" Album Details
- ^ Necrodeath - Idiosyncrasy CD
Alexander Nunziati | Robert Cufaro | Enrico De Dominicis | Justine Consuelo | Alessandro Pallotta | Strigoi | Mortifer
Gian Pyres | Valor Kand | Flegias | Dhilorz | Nicholas | Giampaolo Caprino | Hanna Kej | Christian Ice | Luca Bellanova
Whitembrace | Francesco Grasso | tefano Dimitri | Angela Moranti | Marta di Russo | Erick Frontier | Mauro Dent | Icy X
Albums Demos, EPs, DVDs, Compilations Related bandsMilitia Christi | Lord Vampyr | Lord Vampyr's Shadowsreign | NailedGod | Cain | Pavor Nocturnus | 3rd room | Astarte Syriaca
Cadaveria | Necrodeath | Christian Death | Cradle of Filth | Ancient | Ensoph | Stormlord | Luca Bellanova's Project | Starkiller Sound | Prophilax | Aborym | Room with a View | Latexxx teens
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.