- Old School New School (film)
Old School New School Directed by Steven Fischer Produced by Steven Fischer
Diane Leigh Davison
Written by Steven Fischer Starring Brian Cox
Music by Michael Zampi Cinematography Chris Cassidy, Phil Rosensteel, Scott Uhlfelder Editing by Steven Fischer Studio Blue Dog Productions, Inc. Distributed by Snag Films Release date(s) June 12, 2011 Running time 33 minutes Country United States Language English
The movie started filming in 2007 and was completed in 2010, shooting on location in Los Angeles, New York, Maryland, and Virginia. In 2011, the film was acquired for distribution by Snag Films. The film's educational distributor is Video Placement Worldwide. The International Documentary Association in Los Angeles, California, is the fiscal sponsor.
An independent filmmaker travels the United States in search of meaningful conversations with world-renowned artists on the nature of creativity and how a person can realize his or her full creative potential. The movie is divided into three central themes: finding your voice, security versus risk, and the definition of success in the arts.
- Brian Cox, Emmy Award winning actor of Manhunter, Braveheart, The Bourne Identity.
- William Fraker, Academy Award nominated cinematographer of Rosemary's Baby, Bullitt, WarGames.
- Emanuel Azenberg, Broadway producer known for Rent, Biloxi Blues, Brighton Beach Memoirs.
- Kirstie Simson, Internationally acclaimed dance artist.
- James Ragan, poet most noted for Womb Weary.
- Sam McCready, acclaimed playwright and scholar.
- Ben Jones, actor known for The Dukes of Hazzard.
- John Bailey, cinematographer known for American Gigolo, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, The Big Chill.
- McCoy Tyner, jazz musician, member of The John Coltrane Quartet.
- Tomas Arana, actor known for The Last Temptation of Christ, The Hunt for Red October, Gladiator.
- Steven Fischer, Emmy Award nominated filmmaker of Freedom Dance featuring Mariska Hargitay.
Baltimore City Paper, Creative Proof
Snag Films' Exclusive Interview with Steven Fischer
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.