- Doctor Who: A Celebration
Doctor Who: A Celebration
Originally broadcast BBC Radio Wales: 19 November 2006
BBCi: Christmas 2006
Chronology ← Preceded by Followed by → — Doctor Who Prom (2008)
Doctor Who: A Celebration was a concert performed for the BBC's annual Children In Need charity appeal at the Wales Millennium Centre, Cardiff on 19 November 2006. It featured suites of incidental music composed by Murray Gold from the first two series of the revived television show Doctor Who, along with the reworked Doctor Who theme music. The suites were accompanied visually by clips from episodes related to the pieces.
The show was hosted by David Tennant and featured the BBC National Orchestra of Wales conducted by Ben Foster, with the BBC National Chorus of Wales, Gary Williams and Melanie Pappenheim providing vocal accompaniment. Nicholas Briggs and Barnaby Edwards provided Dalek voices and operation respectively, with Paul Kasey and others appearing on stage and in the auditorium as monsters from the series including Clockwork Droids, Cybermen and Ood. The event also featured an exclusive scene from the upcoming episode "The Runaway Bride", with the score provided live by the orchestra.
The event was broadcast live by BBC Radio Wales, and shown via BBCi interactive services over Christmas 2006 to accompany the broadcast of "The Runaway Bride". The Christmas edition of Doctor Who Confidential focused on the concert.
- ^ a b "Celebration concert". bbc.co.uk. 2006-11-17. http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/cult/news/drwho/2006/11/17/38074.shtml. Retrieved 2007-12-27.
- ^ a b "Concert - Red Button". bbc.co.uk. 2006-12-21. http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/cult/news/drwho/2006/12/21/39201.shtml. Retrieved 2007-12-27.
- ^ a b "Celebration update". bbc.co.uk. 2006-11-10. http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/cult/news/drwho/2006/11/10/37849.shtml. Retrieved 2007-11-09.
- ^ "Doctor Who - A Celebration Concert TV". http://www.soundtrackfan.com/livescores/other/british/gold-tv-doctor-who-concert.htm. Retrieved 2007-12-05.
- ^ a b "Music and Monsters". Director/Producer: Adam Page, Series Producer: Gillane Seaborne. Doctor Who Confidential. BBC One. 2006-12-25. No. 29.
- ^ a b Doctor Who: A Celebration. Director: Rhodri Huw, Producer: Paul Bullock. BBCi. 2006-12-25–2007-01-03.
- Doctor Who: A Celebration at http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho.
- Production Diary from Doctor Who Confidential
Doctor Who PagesCharactersConceptsMiscellany ListsProductionNarrative devicesMiscellany Spin-offs and
related showsSpin-offsDocumentaryConcerts and stage shows
Key production staff Adaptations
Related publications Related Portal • Category • Book • WikiProject This music event-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.