- Delta Force in popular culture
The special operations unit commonly known as Delta Force has been used often in popular culture;
- In the novel Ice Hunt by James Rollins, Delta Force is a major antagonist, trying to wipe out the entire ice base. The appearance is unlikely however, seeing as though the Drift Station is a naval post, the team would be a SEAL Team, not Delta.
- In the novel Deception Point by Dan Brown, Delta Force plays a major antagonist role.
- The book Black Hawk Down: A Story of Modern War, describes the real-life attempt by Delta Force and the US Army Rangers to capture a Somalian warlord, Mohamed Farrah Aidid. Much of the Delta portions are based on the accounts of Paul Howe.
- In the novel By Order of the President by W.E.B. Griffin, Delta Force plays a significant role.
- In the novel The Day Before Midnight by Stephen Hunter, several major characters are Delta Force members. The leader of Delta Force in the novel is a man named Richard Puller, who bears many similarities to Charlie Beckwith.
- In several of the Vince Flynn novels, Delta Force works with CIA operative Mitch Rapp.
- In the novel Mission Compromised, Delta Force plays an important role. The main character is a former member and the task force he commands is made up of many Delta members.
- In the book Kill Bin Laden, author "Dalton Fury" (pen name) factually recounts the Battle of Tora Bora and hunt for bin Laden from the perspective of a Unit assault troop commander.
- In the Tom Clancy novel Rainbow Six (novel), some of the Rainbow operatives are former Delta operators.
- In the Jeremy Robinson novels Pulse and Instinct a team of Delta Force operatives are the main protagonists.
- In the Brad Thor novel The Athena Project Delta Force's Operational Support Troop provides most of the protagonists.
- In the book Cobra II, Delta Force's role in the Iraq War is described in detail.
- The film The Delta Force, starring Chuck Norris, features Delta Force operators intervening in a hostage situation on a passenger aircraft. It is widely accepted that the movie is inaccurate.
- The movie Black Hawk Down is based on the book; Randy Shughart and Gary Gordon are identified, but "Hoot" Gibson (Eric Bana) and Jeff Sanderson (William Fichtner) are fictional characters based on two Delta operators named in the book.
- The Hunted features several characters that are Delta operators, including Benicio del Toro's character. The special features on the DVD present a few Delta tactics, including Sayoc Kali knife fighting.
- Spartan opens with scenes involving Delta selection. The Curtis character is evaluated for potential admittance to the unit, though it is unclear if he is accepted. Former Delta operator Eric Haney was a technical advisor for the film.
- Green Zone features Delta operators on the hunt for high-value targets in Iraq; similar to the real-life TF 88.
- Eagle Eye features Delta operators deploying a Predator SUV drone on top of a hill in Afghanistan at the beginning of the film.
- Bad Boys II features an ex-Delta operator joining the police rescue team to Cuba.
- G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra Snake Eyes is a Delta Force operator after leaving Japan
- In the television series 24, agent Jack Bauer is noted to have previously been a member of Delta Force and achieved the rank of Captain. Delta Force also plays a key role in the third season of 24.
- The CBS television show The Unit centers around a fictionalized Army special forces unit based on Delta Force. It is based on the book Inside Delta Force by the show's producer Eric Haney, who is a former Delta operator.
- The television show Army Wives features a character, the husband of Pamela Moran, who is frequently deployed with Delta Force.
- Micheal Weston from the TV show Burn Notice has mentioned him self as a ex-delta force operator.
- Delta Force (video game) series which spawned nine sequels.
- Delta Force Also in video game called, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin where the player play as, Michael Becket and his Team .
- In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, several missions feature Delta Force; in some of them, the player assumes the role of "Frost," a Delta Force operator.
- Crysis - Team Raptor was a Delta Force Unit outfitted with Nanosuits as well as main character Nomad.
- Medal of Honor (2010 video game) - AFO Wolfpack's members were Delta Force operators as well as playable character Deuce.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.