- Jeremy Robinson
Jeremy Robinson (born 1974) is the author of three novels, "Raising the Past" (2006, Breakneck Books), Antakros Rising (2007) and "The Didymus Contingency" (2005). He is also the author of two non-fiction titles, "POD People - Beating the Print-On-Demand Stigma" (2006, Breakneck Books) and "The Screenplay Workbook" (2003, Lone Eagle Press).
James Rollinsas a major inspiration for his writing. He has received praise from James Rollins three times for his novels, "The Didymus Contingency", "Raising the Past" and "Antarktos Rising". Other authors cited by Robinson as inspiring his writing are Douglas Preston, Steve Alten, Michael Crichton, Matthew Reillyand Frank Peretti.
Robinson was born in Beverly, Massachusetts, where he lived until he was 20. He now resides in New Hampshire with his wife and two children, where he works as a full-time writer.
Robinson's career as a writer started out in comic books with several stints on indie comics. After that he wrote screenplays, several of which were produced, optioned or in development (including the screenplay version of "The Didymus Contingency").
His switch to book writing came with "The Screenplay Workbook" in 2003. He has since written five novels, three are published, Raising the Past (2006, Breakneck Books) and "The Didymus Contingency" (2005) and his third novel, "Antarktos Rising", also from Breakneck Books.
Robinson's first novel, "The Didymus Contingency", was a self-publishing success story. The book quickly became Lulu.com's #1 fiction title, a Barnes&Noble.com bestseller selling thousands of copies, has been translated into multiple languages and landed Robinson a top literary agency,
Trident Media Group. The story of Robinson's success will be told in "How I Got Published: Authors Tell You How In Their Own Words", a Writer's Digestbook by Ray White.
"The Didymus Contingency" tells the story of Tom Greenbaum, a man who goes back in time to disprove the story of Jesus, and his friend, David Goodman, who chases him into the past, attempting to stop his friend from altering history.
* "The Screenplay Workbooks" (2003, Lone Eagle Press)
* "The Didymus Contingency" (2005, Self-Published - 2006 Bard Publishing)
* "POD People" (2006, Breakneck Books)
* "Raising the Past" (2006, Breakneck Books)
* "Antarktos Rising" (2007, Breakneck Books)
* "Harden's Tree" (2005, AlienSkin Magazine - 2006, Download Tales)
* "Counting Sheep" (2005, AlienSkin Magazine)
* "From Above" (2005, Dimensions Magazine - 2006, Download Tales)
* "The Difference Between Science Fiction and Fantasy - What Every Screenwriter Needs to Know Before Writing the Next Matrix or Lord of the Rings" (2003, Script Magazine)
* In sixth grade Robinson won second place in the State of
Massachusettsfor his essay on what the future would be like.
* That same year he won first place in the State of
Massachusettsfor paper airplane long distance flight.
* Brian Dombroski, Brian Norwood and Mark Vincent, all characters in "Raising the Past" are named after friends and family of Robinson.
* Robinson's books can be read in Romanian and Bulgarian.
* In 1996 Robinson was a UFO investigator with
MUFON, the Mutual UFO Network.
* Robinson is also an accomplished cover artist and has provided artwork for Freedom's Run by Stevin Tasker amongst others.
* [http://www.jeremyrobinsononline.com Jeremy Robinson's Homepage]
* [http://www.breakneckbooks.com Publisher's Homepage]
* [http://www.breakneckbooks.com/robinsoninterview.html An Interview with Robinson]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.