- Deborah Snyder
Deborah Snyder Born Deborah Johnson Occupation Film producer Years active 1990s–present Spouse Zack Snyder (September 25, 2004 – present)
Deborah Snyder (born Deborah Johnson) is an American producer of feature films and television commercials. She is married to filmmaker Zack Snyder, and has worked as his frequent producing partner on films such as Watchmen and 300. She is the co-founder of the production company Cruel and Unusual Films.
Deborah Snyder (née Johnson) is currently married to filmmaker Zack Snyder. The couple first met in 1996, and married on September 25, 2004 at the St. Bartholomew's Episcopal Church in Manhattan, New York. They currently reside in Pasadena, California.
Prior to her career as a film producer, Deborah worked at the New York advertising agency Backer Spielvogel Bates. In 1996, she hired Snyder to direct a commercial for Reebok, hoping to create a commercial with a cinematic feel. At the time, Deborah was dating the art director of the commercial, while Snyder was married. In 1997, Deborah served as producer for the television documentary Talk to Me: Americans in Conversation. In 2002, Deborah hired Snyder to direct a commercial for Soft and Dri deoderant in New Zealand. The couple began dating at the end of filming. In 2004, the couple became the co-founders of Cruel and Unusual Films alongside their producing partner Wesley Coller.
In 2007, Deborah served as an executive producer for Snyder's 2007 film 300, an adaptation of Frank Miller's same-titled graphic novel. She also produced the 2009 film adaptation of the graphic novel Watchmen. Deborah has currently served as an executive producer for the 2010 computer-animated film Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole, which is based on Guardians of Ga'Hoole, a series of children's fantasy books by Kathryn Lasky. The film was released in September 2010. Deborah next produced Sucker Punch, which was co-written, co-produced, and directed by her husband. The film was the first to credit their company Cruel and Unusual Films as a co-producer. Sucker Punch was released theatrically on March 25, 2011.
Deborah is attached as producer alongisde Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas in the Superman reboot The Man of Steel, in which Snyder served as director. She will also produce a remake of the 1969 film The Illustrated Man with Snyder attached as a director; she will also produce The Last Photograph, a film about a photograph that inspires two men to travel to war-torn Afghanistan. The film will be directed by Sergei Bodrov. Deborah will also produce the forthcoming film Army of the Dead. Her husband Zack Snyder will assist in developing the story, and Joby Harold will write the screenplay. The story centers around a father trying to save his daughter in a zombie-infested Las Vegas. The film will mark the directing debut of commercial filmmaker and visual artist Matthijs van Heijningen.
Year Film Role 2007 300 Executive producer 2009 Watchmen Film producer 2010 Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole Executive producer 2011 Sucker Punch Film producer 2012 The Man of Steel Film producer
- ^ a b c d e f Louie, Elaine (October 3, 2004). "WEDDINGS/CELEBRATIONS: VOWS; Deborah Johnson and Zack Snyder - New York Times". The New York Times. The New York Times Company. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F05E3DA1338F930A35753C1A9629C8B63&fta=y. Retrieved 25 July 2010.
- ^ Frank Lovece (2009-02-19). "CGI: 'Watchmen'--Zack Snyder brings superhero saga to the finish line". Film Journal International. http://www.filmjournal.com/filmjournal/content_display/news-and-features/features/movies/e3i8f6bf92e292731581559af0969092ce9?pn=2. Retrieved 2009-02-19.
- ^ "Watchmen Movie Crew - WatchmenComicMovie.com". WatchmenComicMovie.com. http://watchmencomicmovie.com/watchmen-movie-crew.php. Retrieved 25 July 2010.
- ^ "Behind the Scenes Clip-Featurette LEGENDS OF THE GUARDIANS". Collider.com. Collider.com. August 28, 2007. http://www.collider.com/2010/06/09/legends-of-the-guardians-clip-behind-the-scenes-featurette/. Retrieved July 23, 2010.
- ^ "Zack Snyder to Direct Illustrated Man - ComingSoon.net". ComingSoon.net. June 9, 2010. http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=36707. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- ^ Fleming, Michael (March 5, 2009). "Bodrov to take WB's 'Photograph' - Entertainment News, Film News, Media - Variety". Variety. Reed Business Information. http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118000906.html?categoryid=13&cs=1. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- ^ McClintock, Pamela (March 25, 2009). "Warner, Snyders enlist in new 'Army' - Entertainment News, Los Angeles, Media - Variety". Variety. Reed Business Information. http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117961772.html?categoryid=1236&cs=1. Retrieved July 28, 2010.
- ^ Sciretta, Peter (June 4, 2008). "Matthijs van Heijningen to direct Zack Snyder’s Army of the Dead | /Film". Slash Film. /Film. http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/06/04/matthijs-van-heijningen-to-direct-zack-snyders-army-of-the-dead/. Retrieved July 29, 2010.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.