- Guggenheim Partners
Guggenheim Partners, LLC Type Private Industry Financial Services Founded 1999 Founder(s) Guggenheim family Headquarters New York
Area served Worldwide Key people Alan Schwartz (Executive Chairman) Products Investment Banking
Services Diversified Financial Services AUM $100+ billion Owner(s) Private Employees 1400+ Website www.guggenheimpartners.com
Guggenheim Partners, LLC is a privately held, diversified financial services firm that engages in investment banking, capital markets services, investment management, and investment advisory. The firm is headquartered in Chicago and New York with over 1,400 professionals located in 20 cities throughout the United States, Europe, and Asia. It has more than $100 billion of assets under its supervision. The firm's executive chairman is Alan D. Schwartz.
In May 2009, Guggenheim acquired a controlling interest in Transparent Value LLC, creators of the Required Business Performance Methodology. In July 2009 it acquired Claymore Group, a firm known for its ETFs and UITs. In February 2010 it acquired Security Benefit Corp, parent company of Rydex Funds.
In June 2009, Guggenheim hired former Bear Stearns CEO Alan Schwartz as Executive Chairman to "focus on transforming Guggenheim`s existing broker-dealer, which is focused on sales and trading of fixed income securities, into a full-service investment banking enterprise".
In October 2009, Guggenheim hired former JP Morgan head of Media Investment Banking Mark Van Lith as Senior Managing Director.
Investment Banking and Capital Markets
- ^ "Guggenheim Partners - About Us". http://www.guggenheimpartners.com/about-us.aspx.
- ^ "Guggenheim Partners - Home". http://www.guggenheimpartners.com/.
- ^ "After Bear, Schwartz to Join Guggenheim Partners". The New York Times. June 2, 2009. http://dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/02/bears-schwartz-to-join-guggenheim-partners/. Retrieved 2009-10-12.
- ^ http://www.transparentvaluefunds.com/about-us/about-us.aspx
- ^ "Guggenheim Partners to Acquire Claymore Group". Reuters. July 31, 2009. http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/07/31/idUS192538+31-Jul-2009+BW20090731.
- ^ http://blogs.marketwatch.com/etfblog/2010/02/16/guggenheim-buys-rydex-parent/
- ^ "Alan Schwartz Joins Guggenheim Partners as Executive Chairman". Reuters. June 2, 2009. http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS41412+02-Jun-2009+BW20090602. Retrieved 2009-10-13.
- ^ "Peter Comisar Joins Guggenheim Securities as Vice Chairman and Head of West Coast Investment Banking". prnewswire.com. September 10, 2009. http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayReleaseContent.aspx?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/09-10-2009/0005091279&EDATE=. Retrieved 2009-10-13.
- ^ "Mark Van Lith Joins Guggenheim Securities' Investment Banking Group". Reuters. October 7, 2009. http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS100365+07-Oct-2009+PRN20091007. Retrieved 2009-10-13.
- ^ "Guggenheim ‘Excited’ About Private Equity, Likes Macro Funds". Bloomberg. October 8, 2009. http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=avJZCdo441lA. Retrieved 2009-10-13.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.