- Deadalus (video game)
Deadalus Developer(s) Sega Publisher(s) Sega Designer(s) Micronet Platform(s) Sega Saturn Release date(s)
- JP March 25, 1995
Genre(s) First-person shooter Mode(s) Single-player
Deadalus is a first-person shooter game developed by Sega Enterprises and designed by Micronet for the Sega Saturn that only saw a Japanese release. In it, players are assigned to destroy an asteroid based police fortress stationed over Earth called Deadalus. The players must go through 30 levels of mechanical mazes until they reach the fortress' core.
In the year 2077, the regional nation states of Earth were on the verge of collapse, until a planetary government known as WSSS (World Silent Security Service) came in and devised a way to resolve the many worldwide disputes that spread across the globe by designing a self-sufficient space-station mounted in an asteroid in Earth's orbit known as Deadalus.
Eight hundred years passed and Deadalus' employment of robotic peace-keepers had kept Earth from reaching any sort of conflict within that period of time. However, within that time, mankind had completely forgotten the true purpose of Deadalus and those who helped build and design Deadalus were long deceased. Some people had begun to venerate Deadalus for keeping man safe from conflict while others despised it for suppressing man from force with force. While Deadalus busily tried to keep these two groups from clashing on Earth, the latter party known as the Reformist Faction prepared a space transport armed with three pilots assigned to launch into Deadalus and destroy it.
The player's mech-armor, the Laocorn, is equipped with four different weapons and a generator that enables the mech to perform one of many abilities.
- Vulcan: A semi-auto plasma gun that can be upgraded in strength and fully automatic firing-speed.
- Laser: A semi-auto laser gun that can be upgraded in strength and firing speed.
- Missile: A small but very powerful homing missile that can be upgraded in speed and missile count.
- Arm: The Laocorn's only melee weapon which can be upgraded in strength.
- Re-Fresh: Allows the player to recover their shield. It uses an increment of generator energy per-use.
- Blaze Laser: A powerful laser capable of destroying every robot in a single room. It uses a large amount of generator energy.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.