Nadha Studio album by Kudai Released May 13, 2008
(see release history)
in Mexico City and Los Angeles, California
Genre Pop rock, powerpop Length 46:14 Label EMI (Latin America)
Capitol Records (United States)
Producer Carlos Lara Kudai chronology "En Vivo: Desde Mexico"
Singles from Nadha
Nadha is the third album of the Chilean pop/rock group Kudai. It was released in Latin America on May 13, 2008. The first single from the album, "Lejos De Aquí", was released on March 31, 2008. The name of the album, Nadha, is Sanskrit for "sound from the depths of the soul". This title was chosen to demonstrate the depth and sincerity of the album's songs. 
Background and album information
Their third studio album Nadha has 12 songs, of which six were written by the producer Koko Stambuk (ex-musician of Glup!). Three other songs are from the recognized producer Carlos Lara, who is considered to be the creator of RBD and has collaborated with musicians such as Lynda and Ricky Martin. Cathy Lean (Ex-Mal Corazón), from Chile, also wrote two of the album's songs.
"Now is the time that Kudai needs to show and prove many things because if we remain the same, we will be categorized as the teen band that will never grow. I feel that this third album is a very decisive stage for Kudai. We are going to fight to rid ourselves from the title of "the band that wants to be popular" and actually present good material."
Kudai chose to interpret the songs of Alanis Morissette and her band's bassist Eric Avery (ex-Jane's Addiction). As of now the album is being mastered at the Los Angeles, California studio Igloo Music under the direction of Gustavo Borner, who has worked with well known artists such as Diego Torres, Ricky Martin, Sin Bandera, Phil Collins, Placido Domingo and N'Sync, as well as working on the motion picture soundtracks of Rush Hour 2, Miami Vice and Finding Nemo.
Tracklisting (Standard Version)
- "Lejos De Aquí" (Away From Here) (Koko Stambuk) - 4:16
- "Nada Es Igual" (Nothing Is The Same) (Carlos Lara) - 4:20
- "No te Vayas" (Don't Go) - 3:59
- "Abismo" (Abyss) (Cathy Lean) - 3:31
- "Disfraz" (Disguise) - 4:02
- "Calendario" (Calendar) - 4:10
- "Morir de Amor" (Die For Love) - 3:56
- "Abrázame" (Hold Me) - 3:31
- "Cicatriz" (Scar) - 3:09
- "Todo Peor" (All Worse) - 3:43
- "Abre Los Ojos" (Open The Eyes) - 3:52
- "Aquí estoy (You're not alone)" (Here I Am) - 3:49
- Production: Koko Stambuk & Carlos Lara
- Recording & Mixing: in Igloo Music Studio in Los Angeles, California United States and Mexico City
- Lead Vocals: Kudai
- Arrangements: Kudai
- Record Engineers: Gustavo Borner
- Bass Guitar by Eric Avery of Jane's Addiction.
- Drums by Kenny Aronoff of Avril Lavigne, Alanis Morissette, Kelly Clarkson
- Photography: Ricardo Calderon
- Art Direction and Design: Daniel Peralta
Country Date Label Format Catalog Chile May 13, 2008 EMI CD Mexico Argentina Colombia Venezuela Ecuador United States August 5, 2008 Capitol Records
Chart (2008) Country Peak
Argentine Albums Chart Argentina 3 Mexican Albums Chart Mexico 11
Sales and certifications
Region Certification Sales/shipments Mexico (AMPROFON) Gold 40,000^
^shipments figures based on certification alone
Tomás Manzi • Pablo Holman • Bárbara Sepúlveda • Gabriella Villalba Studio albumsVuelo (2004) • Sobrevive (2006) • Nadha (2008) Live albumsEn Vivo: Desde México (2007) Singles Related articles
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.