- Sarah Mlynowski
Sarah Mlynowski Born January 4, 1977
Occupation Novelist Nationality Canadian Citizenship U.S.American Period 2001-Present Genres Romance Spouse(s) Todd Children Chloe Relative(s) Elissa Ambrose (mother)
Sarah Mlynowski (b. January 4, 1977 in Montreal, Canada) is an editor and a writer of chick lit and young-adult fiction novels. In 2001, she published her first novel Milkrun, which has since been published in 16 countries, selling over 600,000 copies around the globe.
Sarah Mlynowski was born on January 4, 1977 in Montreal, Canada. She is the daughter of the romance writer Elissa Ambrose. Her parents are divorced, and she has one sister, Aviva Mlynowski, and an older stepsister.
Married since 2004 with Todd. She has a daughter named Chloe with him.
She graduated with an Honors degree in English literature from McGill University. Later, she moved to Toronto to work for Harlequin Enterprises Ltd. She used her romance publishing experiences to fuel her first novel "Milkrun", which has since been published in 16 countries, selling over 600,000 copies around the globe. When her second novel, "Fishbowl", received even more accolades, including a starred review from Booklist and being named one of Waldenbooks Best Women's Fiction novels of 2002, she moved to New York City to write full-time. She writes "chick lit" and "teen lit" novels, and she also co-wrote the first guide to writing chick lit: See Jane Write.
- Girls' Night In (2000) (Authors: Marian Keyes, Fiona Walker, Freya North, Cathy Kelly, ...)
- Girls' Night Out (2001) (Authors: Kathy Lette, Josie Lloyd, Fiona Walker, Sophie Kinsella, ...)
- Vacations from Hell (Authors: Libba Bray, Cassandra Clare, Claudia Gray, Maureen Johnson)
- Milkrun (2001)
- Fishbowl (2002)
- Monkey Business (2004)
- As Seen on TV (2004)
- Me Vs. Me (2006)
- Gimme a Call (2010)
- Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn't Have) (2011)
Sarah has written a YA Quartet known as the 'MAGIC IN MANHATTAN' (used to be called the 'ALL ABOUT RACHEL SERIES'). Rachel, the main character is an average 14 year old. Little does she know that her mom (and annoying sister) are witches. In the first book 'BRAS & BROOMSTICKS' Rachel falls head over heels for a boy, her dad decides to remarry and soon, instead of being jealous of her sister Miri she thinks about all the advantages instead...
BRAS & BROOMSTICKS (2005)
FROGS & FRENCH KISSES (2006)
SPELLS & SLEEPING BAGS (2007)
PARTIES & POTIONS (2008)
- American Girls About Town (2004) (with Jennifer Weiner, Lauren Weisberger, Adriana Trigiani, ...)
- Sixteen: Stories about that sweet and bitter birthday (2004) (with Megan McCafferty, ...)
- Fireworks: Four Summer Stories (2007) (with Niki Burnham, Erin Haft and Lauren Myracle)
- 21 Proms: Every prom date has a story (2007) (with Cecily von Ziegesar, Libba Bray, Holly Black, John Green, Jacqueline Woodson, Rachel Cohn, Melissa de la Cruz, E. Lockhart, Elizabeth Craft, Aimee Friedman, Daniel Ehrenhaft, David Levithan, Jodi Lynn Anderson, Leslie Margolis, Brent Hartinger, Lisa Ann Sandell, Will Leitch, Adrienne Maria Vrettos, Ned Vizzini and Billy Merrell)
- How to Be Bad (2008) (with E. Lockhart and Lauren Myracle)
- See Jane Write (2006) (with Farrin Jacobs)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.