- Marriott at Key Center
Marriott at Key Center Entrance facing Mall A Location 127 Public Square, Cleveland, Ohio United States Developer Richard E. Jacobs Group Architect César Pelli Management Marriott International, Inc. Owner Wells Real Estate Funds Rooms 385 Suites 15 Restaurants 3 Floors 25 Parking On-Site Parking Website Home page
The Marriott at Key Center is a skyscraper hotel in Cleveland, Ohio. The building rises 320 feet (98 m). It contains 28 floors, and was completed in 1991. The Marriott at Key Center currently stands as the 15th-tallest building in the city. The architect who designed the building was César Pelli, who also designed the neighboring Key Tower, the tallest building in the city and the state. The Marriott at Key Center closely resembles the façade of the Key Tower. These two buildings, together with the Society for Savings Building, comprise Key Center.
The Marriott at Key Center stands on the site formerly occupied by the Engineers Building, which was completed in 1910. This 14-story building had housed the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers, or BLE, labor union, but was demolished in 1989 to allow for the construction of Key Center.
- List of tallest buildings in Cleveland
- Key Center
- ^ Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center website
- ^ a b c d "Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center". Emporis.com. http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=clevelandmarriottdowntownatkeycenter-cleveland-oh-usa. Retrieved 2007-12-27.
- ^ "Marriott at Key Center". SkyscraperPage.com. http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=1148. Retrieved 2007-12-27.
- ^ "Engineers Building". The Encyclopedia of Cleveland History. Case Western Reserve University. 1997-06-25. http://ech.case.edu/ech-cgi/article.pl?id=EB. Retrieved 2008-05-28.
Coordinates: 41°30′4.5″N 81°41′41.2″W / 41.50125°N 81.694778°WCategories:
- Hotels in Cleveland, Ohio
- Skyscraper hotels in the United States
- Skyscrapers in Cleveland, Ohio
- Buildings and structures completed in 1991
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.