- Gram (disambiguation)
Gram is a unit of measurement of mass. Otherwise, "gram" may refer to:
- -gram, the Greek-based suffix meaning "drawing" or "representation."
- Gram (Denmark), a town in Denmark
- Gram municipality, a municipality in Denmark
- Zénobe Gramme (1826–1901), Belgian electrical engineer
- Jørgen Pedersen Gram (1850–1916), Danish mathematician and actuary
- Hans Christian Gram (1853–1938), Danish scientist who invented Gram staining
- Peder Gram (1881–1956), Danish composer and organist
- Jason Gram (born 1984), Australian rules footballer
- Gram Parsons (1946–1973), American singer and musician
Mythology and fiction
- Gram (mythology), a sword in Norse mythology
- Gram of Denmark, a legendary Danish king
- Gram (Middle-earth), a King of Rohan from J. R. R. Tolkien's fiction
- Mount Gram (Middle-earth), a fictional place in Tolkien's writings
- Grams: Penny Halliwell, grandmother of the Charmed Ones on the WB television series Charmed
- The name given to the lance of Gallantmon.
Science and technology
- Gram staining, a method of distinguishing bacteria; Gram negative or Gram positive distinguish bacterial groups based upon their response to this method.
- Gram Commercial A/S, a Danish major appliance manufacturer.
- GRAM domain, a domain found in some membrane-associated proteins
- Grid Resource Allocation Manager, a component of the Globus Toolkit in grid computing
- Gramian matrix, used in mathematics to test for linear independence of functions
- GRAM, Graphic (GPL) Random Access Memory, a variant of Random Access Memory used in the TI-99/4A
- Gramian age, used in geology for a time period in the late Miocene in Northern Germany
Agriculture and horticulture
- Gram, from Latin granum (seed) via Portuguese and then languages of the Indian subcontinent, is sometimes used to refer to chickpeas and other pulses
- Green gram = Mung bean
- Bengal gram = Chickpea
- Red gram = Pigeon pea
- Black gram = Urad (bean)
- Horse gram
- It may also refer to a lentil
- Gram, the abbreviation for the orchid genus Grammatophyllum
- Gran (disambiguation)
- Graham (disambiguation)
- Gramm (disambiguation)
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.Categories:
- Disambiguation pages
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.