- Patrick Wilson (actor)
name = Patrick Wilson
birthname = Patrick Joseph Wilson
birthdate = birth date and age|1973|7|3
Norfolk, Virginia, U.S.
emmyawards = Best Supporting Actor - Mini-series
2004 "Angels in America"
2004 "Angels in America"
Patrick Joseph Wilson (born
July 3 1973) is a Tony-, Emmy- and Golden Globe-nominated American theaterand film actor- singer.
Wilson was born in
Norfolk, Virginiato Mary K. Wilson, a voice teacher and professional singer, and John Wilson, who works as news anchor for FOX affiliate WTVTin Tampa, Florida. Wilson's brother, Mark, also works at that same station as a news anchor and reporter. [ [http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contributor/1804501534/bio Patrick Wilson Biography - Yahoo! Movies ] ] [ [http://www.patrickwilson.org/News%20Articles.htm Patrick Wilson's Lair: News Articles ] ] His other brother, Paul, runs a successful media relations/advertising company in the Tampa-St. Petersburg area.
Wilson graduated from
Shorecrest Preparatory Schoolin St. Petersburg, Floridaand Carnegie Mellon Universityin Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
June 18 2005, Wilson married Polish-Americanactress Dagmara Dominczyk, also a Carnegie Mellongraduate. (He graduated in 1995 with a drama degree; she graduated in 1998.) They have one child, Kalin Patrick, born 23 June 2006.
Wilson won critical acclaim for his performance in the 2003 drama HBO mini-series "Angels in America". He received both a Golden Globe nomination and an Emmy nomination for Best Supporting Actor. He played Joe Pitt, a Mormon, Republican and sexually confused lawyer.
Next he appeared in "The Alamo" in 2004. In the same year, he appeared in "The Phantom of the Opera". He starred alongside Gerard Butler and Emmy Rossum The sections below outline his theater, movie, television and audio work.
* "Carousel" 1996 (National Tour - Billy Bigelow)
* "Bright Lights, Big City" 1999 (Off-Broadway - Jamie) (Drama League Award)
* "Gershwins' Fascinating Rhythm" 1999 (Broadway - Ensemble) (Drama League Award)
* "The Full Monty" 2001 (Broadway - Jerry Lukowski) (Tony Award Nomination, Drama League Award)
Oklahoma!" (revival) 2002 (Broadway - Curly) (Tony Award nomination)
Barefoot in the Park" (revival) 2006 (Broadway - Paul Bratter)
All My Sons" (revival) 2008 (Broadway - Chris Keller) "(Limited run 10/16/08-1/11/09)"
Commercials and television work
In 2006, Wilson narrated a PBS documentary " [http://www.tbep.org/tampabaylivinglegacy.html Tampa Bay: Living Legacy] ", a one-hour film about Florida’s largest open-water
estuary. It aired in November 2006 in the Florida area.
In March 2007, Wilson appeared with his "Evening" costar
Claire Danesin a television commercial for Gap in which the pair dances to the song " Anything You Can Do" from the musical "Annie Get Your Gun".
In August 2007, Wilson appeared in a advertising campaign for [http://www.broadwayacrossamerica.com/St.-Petersburg"Broadway Across America"] , the theatrical brand of LiveNation, that was returning to St. Petersburg, Florida, following a decade-long absence. The campaign included a television commercial and associated billboards.
Allegro" (TBA) (Studio Cast Recording)
* "Bright Lights, Big City" (2005) (Studio Cast Recording)
The Full Monty" 2001 (Original Broadway Cast Recording)
Dreamgirls In Concert" (as "Film Executive")(2001) (Concert Cast Recording)
Tenderloin" (2000) (Encores Concert Cast Recording)
Lucky in the Rain(2000) (Studio Cast Recording)
* "Terrance Mann's
"Romeo & Juliet-The Musical from William Shakespeare"" (1999) Soundtracks
Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera(2004) Audio Books
Garden of Edenby Ernest Hemingway (2006) Audio Book [http://www.simonsays.com/content/book.cfm?pid=522343&tab=5&agid=5 (Simon & Schuster)]
The Ruinsby Scott Smith (2006) Audio Book [http://www.simonsays.com/content/book.cfm?pid=520210&tab=5&agid=5 (Simon & Schuster)]
Lucky( 2004) Compilation CD by [http://cdbaby.com/cd/garyklineCompilation Gary Kline] . Patrick sings on a medley duet
* " (2001) "We Need a Little Christmas"
"The Dreams in You"(2001) Single-song CD by 24 Broadway stars
Teaching Aspiring Actors
As an alumnus of
Carnegie-Mellon University(CMU), and through professional connections, Wilson is involved in presenting workshops and master classes.
He has been a featured speaker at other member schools of the Consortium of Conservatory Theatre Training Programs.
He is a Master Class Artist for the [http://www.broadwaytheatreproject.com/ Broadway Theatre Project] which is held each July in Tampa, Florida.
Wilson is a member of the Collective of Artists for [http://www.moveablearts.org/ Moveable Arts] which provides workshops and educational events for young artists between school and the start of a professional career.
Charities and Benefits
Patrick Wilson has been involved with many charities and benefits. Some examples are:
* " [http://www.broadwaycares.org/index.cfm Broadway Cares/Equity Fights Aids] (BC/EFA) [http://www.broadwaycares.org/events/auction.cfm Annual Flea Market and Grand Auction]
* " [http://www.broadwaycares.org/templatesecondary.cfm?FileName=barks02.html Broadway Barks 4] (July 2002)
* " [http://www.actorsfund.org/ The Actors Fund] [http://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=780 All-star reading of Sunset Boulevard] (April 2004)
* " [http://www.sptimes.com/2005/01/11/news_pf/Artsandentertainment/_Phantom__star_raises.shtml Hurricane Victims Benefit] in Tampa, Florida (January 2005)
* " [http://www.matthewshepard.org/site/PageServer Matthew Shepard Foundation] : [http://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=2221 Embrace Concert] (February 2005)
* " [http://www.playbill.com/news/article/95331.html Celebrity Benefit for Hurricane Relief] (September 2005)
* " [http://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=4727 Broadway Meets Country] (November 2005) Fundraiser for The Actors' Fund of America, and the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund, to aid the victims of Hurricane Katrina.
* " [http://rockersonbroadway.com/about.html Rockers on Broadway] : [http://rockersonbroadway.com/r2006/pictures.html Rockers at the Cutting Room] (July 2006)
* " [http://www.mptvfund.org/cm/Home.html Motion Picture & Television Fund] : [http://www.danmojica.com/pics.htm A Fine Romance Concert] (November 2006)
* " [http://www.poets.org/index.php The Academy of American Poets] : [http://www.poets.org/page.php/prmID/381 Poetry & the Creative Mind] (April 2007)
* " [http://www.mcctheater.com/donate.html MCC Theater] [http://www.theatermania.com/content/news.cfm/story/12988 Miscast 2008 Concert] (March 2008)
* http://patrickwilsonfans.googlepages.com/home (Information support for this wikipedia page)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.