Mingle Initial release May 7, 2007 Stable release 3.3 / January 22, 2011 Written in JRuby Operating system Cross-platform Type Project management software, Team Collaboration License Proprietary, free one year trial for small teams (less than 5 users), open source projects Website http://www.thoughtworks-studios.com/mingle
Mingle was introduced at JavaOne in 2007 as the first commercial application that runs on JRuby. It is a part of the Adaptive ALM solution  consisting of Mingle for Agile project management, Go for Agile release management and Twist for Agile testing by ThoughtWorks Studios
Mingle provides ways for a team to share information about a project and as a system of record and management for the project itself. Mingle shows the status and progress of project tasks on drag and drop Card Walls that are meant to simulate an Agile Story Wall, has wikis for project collaboration, and can associate instant messages with project tasks through a feature Mingle calls Murmurs. Mingle can generate burn-down charts showing work remaining, velocity charts showing actual versus expected progress, and pivot tables for grouping data by one or more attributes.
Mingle is intended to support various flavors of Agile like XP, Scrum, Agile Hybrid. Though primarily a project management tool, it also provides bug tracking, project reporting and program management capabilities.
- ^ a b "Mingle from ThoughtWorks is Big Win for JRuby". May 7, 2007. http://www.infoq.com/news/2007/05/mingle-big-win-jruby.
- ^ "the solution is JRuby". May 7, 2007. http://headius.blogspot.com/2007/05/solution-is-jruby.html.
- ^ "Thoughtworks Studios Releases Adaptive ALM". Aug 17, 2009. http://www.drdobbs.com/tools/219400175.
- ^ "Mingle overview". http://studios.thoughtworks.com/mingle-agile-project-management. Retrieved August 27, 2007.
- ^ "Mingle integrates with Google Wave". http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/11/04/thoughtworks-studios-rolls-out-new-version-of-mingle-integrates-with-google-wave/. Retrieved November 4, 2009.
- ^ "Tool Spotlight: ThoughtWorks Mingle". http://www.cmcrossroads.com/tool-spotlight/13063-thoughtworks-mingle.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.