- Matthew Gerrard
Matthew Gerrard File:Hannah.svg Background information Born Toronto, Canada Genres Pop Occupations Record producer, songwriter Instruments Piano, bass guitar Associated acts Regatta
Matthew Gerrard is a Canadian record producer and songwriter. He has written hit singles by artists such as Nick Carter ("Help Me"), Kelly Clarkson ("Breakaway"), Hilary Duff ("I Can't Wait", "Why Not"), Eden's Crush ("Get Over Yourself") and Jesse McCartney ("She's No You"). He contributed songs to the soundtracks of the Disney Channel films High School Musical, The Cheetah Girls 2 (both 2006) and Jump In! (2007), and to the Hannah Montana television soundtrack. He also wrote the original music for the Nickelodeon Hit Musical movie Spectacular!.as well as writing the self-titled-debut song for the nickelodeon hit boy band Big Time Rush.
Matthew grew up in Don Mills, a comfortable suburb of Toronto's north-east end and as a side note, Canada's first planned community. He attended George S. Henry Secondary School where he played trombone in band, later playing bass in a school based 5 piece jazz fusion combo - Nemesis Fusion. Nemesis Fusion competed in two Canadian stage band festivals earning silver in 1982 and winning the competition the following year when Gerrard wrote the group's original material. After high school Gerrard was a member of a band called Regatta, which released one self-titled album. He also played bass and toured with Kim Mitchell (former Max Webster lead man).
- Bratz "Change the World"
- Big Time Rush "B.T.R "
- Christy Carlson Romano "Dive In"
- Corbin Bleu "Push It to the Limit", "Celebrate You", "We Come To Party", "Never Met A Girl Like You", "If She Says Yeah"
- The Cheetah Girls "Five More Days 'til Christmas", "The Perfect Christmas", "Cheetah-licious Christmas", "Christmas In California", "No Ordinary Christmas", "The Simple Things", "The Party's Just Begun", "Step Up", "Human", "One World", "Dance Me If You Can"
- Delta Goodrem "Lost Without You", "Be Strong"
- Seiko "Let's Fall in Love Again"
- Elva Hsiao "Diamond Candy", "Diamond Candy"
- Everlife "Faded"
- Koda Kumi "Just The Way You Are"
- Nick Carter "Help Me"
- Nina "Where Is Love"
- Hannah Montana "Best of Both Worlds", "Nobody's Perfect","Life's What You Make It" and other various
- High School Musical "We're All in This Together," "What Time Is It?", "All For One", "I Don't Dance ", "Start Of Something New" , "Now or Never", "I Want It All", "A Night to Remember", "The Boys Are Back" , "High School Musical"
- Kelly Clarkson "Breakaway"
- Jacky Cheung "Wonderful To Fly"
- Jessica Simpson "Underneath"
- Raven-Symoné Producer; "This Is My Time", "Typical, Bump, Mystify"
- Kate Alexa "Not Another Love Song"
- Hawk Nelson "Just Like Me", "Meaning Of Life"
- David Archuleta "A Little Too Not Over You", "Zero Gravity"
Jonas Brothers "Drive" from Jonas L.A.
- Kawashima, Dale. "Matthew Gerrard Co-Writes & Produces Big Hits For High School Musical Soundtrack and Other Artists". Songwriter Universe.
This article on a record producer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.