- Newman Township, Douglas County, Illinois
Newman Township — Township — Coordinates: Coordinates: Country United States State Illinois County Douglas Established November 5, 1867 Area – Total 40.69 sq mi (105.38 km2) – Land 40.64 sq mi (105.26 km2) – Water 0.05 sq mi (0.12 km2) 0.11% Elevation 643 ft (196 m) Population (2000) – Total 1,200 – Density 29.5/sq mi (11.4/km2) Time zone CST (UTC-6) – Summer (DST) CDT (UTC-5) ZIP codes 61810, 61852, 61942 GNIS feature ID 0429438
According to the United States Census Bureau, Newman Township covers an area of 40.69 square miles (105.4 km2); of this, 40.64 square miles (105.3 km2) (99.89 percent) is land and 0.05 square miles (0.13 km2) (0.11 percent) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains Pleasant Ridge Cemetery.
- Heritage Community Unit School District 8
- Shiloh Community Unit School District 1
- State House District 110
- State Senate District 55
- "Newman Township, Douglas County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. http://geonames.usgs.gov/pls/gnispublic/f?p=gnispq:3:::NO::P3_FID:0429438. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
Raymond Township, Champaign County Ayers Township, Champaign County Sidell Township, Vermilion County Murdock Township Young America Township, Edgar County Newman Township Sargent Township Shiloh Township, Edgar County Municipalities and communities of Douglas County, Illinois Cities Villages Townships Unincorporated
‡This populated place also has portions in an adjacent county or counties
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.