Age of Reason (disambiguation)
- Age of Reason (disambiguation)
Age of reason may refer to the following:
* 17th-century philosophy, as a successor of the Renaissance and a predecessor to the Age of Enlightenment
* Age of Enlightenment in its long form of 1600-1800
* "The Age of Reason", a book by Thomas Paine
* "Age of Reason", a 1988 album by John Farnham containing the song "Age of Reason"
* "L'âge de raison", by Jean-Paul Sartre
* Cult of Reason, a brief time in 1793-4 during the French Revolution
* Age of reason (canon law), in the Roman Catholic Church, the age, usually around seven or eight years old, when children are considered capable of understanding and participating in the sacraments.
* In psychology, the age where a child is capable of carrying on complex conversation with an adult, usually around seven or eight years.
* The Age of Unreason, a series of four science fiction novels by Gregory Keyes.
Look at other dictionaries:
Age of Enlightenment — Age of Reason redirects here. For other uses, see Age of Reason (disambiguation) … Wikipedia
Age of consent — For other uses, see Age of consent (disambiguation). Sex and the law Social issues Age of consent · Antisexualis … Wikipedia
The Age of Innocence — For other uses, see Age of innocence (disambiguation). The Age of Innocence … Wikipedia
Maelstrom (disambiguation) — A maelstrom is a powerful whirlpool. Maelstrom may also refer to: Contents 1 Amusement rides 2 Fictional characters 3 … Wikipedia
Thomas Paine (disambiguation) — Thomas Paine may refer to *Thomas Paine, a US Founding Father and author of Rights of Man and The Age of Reason *Thomas Paine (privateer), a colonial American privateer *Thomas O. Paine, a NASA administrator *T Pain, a rapper whose name is a… … Wikipedia
Bronze Age — For other uses, see Bronze Age (disambiguation). Diffusion of metallurgy in western Europe. The darkest areas are the oldest. Bronze Age … Wikipedia
New Age — This article is about the New Age movement and its spirituality. For the astrological age in western astrology, see Age of Aquarius. For other uses with the term New Age, see New Age (disambiguation). New Age spirituality often makes references… … Wikipedia
New Age (The Velvet Underground song) — For other uses, see New Age (disambiguation). New Age is the fifth song from the 1970 The Velvet Underground album Loaded. It is one of the songs that feature Doug Yule on vocals, encouraged by main singer and songwriter Lou Reed. The song also… … Wikipedia
Modern history — Modern and Modern Age redirect here. For other uses, see Modern (disambiguation) and Modern Age (disambiguation). Human history This box: view · talk · … Wikipedia
Deism — For other uses, see Deism (disambiguation). Part of a series on God General c … Wikipedia