- Rail Corporation New South Wales
Rail Corporation New South Wales Type Statutory Authority Industry Rail transport Founded 1 January 2004 Headquarters Sydney, New South Wales,
Area served New South Wales Key people Rob Mason, CEO Products CityRail, CountryLink Employees 15,176 Website www.railcorp.info
Rail Corporation New South Wales (RailCorp) is a statutory authority of the New South Wales government. RailCorp owns, operates and maintains the Sydney suburban and interurban rail network which is marketed under the CityRail brand; in addition to operating rural passenger services under the CountryLink brand. It also provides freight operators with access to the rails of the Sydney metropolitan area.
Rail Corporation New South Wales was formed on 1 January 2004 by the merger of the functions of the former State Rail Authority and the greater metropolitan rail network functions of the Rail Infrastructure Corporation. The current Chief Executive Officer of RailCorp is Rob Mason. Some of the suburban lines it operates are:
- Northern Line (Hornsby to Epping via Macquarie Park, the City, Central and Strathfield)
- North Shore & Western Line (Berowra to Emu Plains or Richmond via Chatswood, the City, Central and Parramatta)
- South Line (Museum to Campbelltown via Granville)
- Inner West Line (Museum to Liverpool via Regents Park)
- Bankstown Line (Town Hall to Liverpool or Lidcombe via Bankstown)
- Airport & East Hills Line (Town Hall to Macarthur via the Airport or Sydenham)
- Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line (Bondi Junction to Waterfall or Cronulla via Central)
- Carlingford Branch Line (running from Clyde to Carlingford, also providing services tor Rosehill Racecourse).
- Cumberland Line (peak-hourly running from Blacktown to Campbelltown).
RailCorp currently maintains a Statewide 'Emergency Unit' who attend incidents such as derailments. The 'Railcorp Emergency Response Unit', formerly known as the 'State Rail Fire Service' is based in Sydney and respond to emergency incidents involving the rail network including automatic fire alarms within the underground and nearby stations. The unit also undertakes cross-training with Fire and Rescue NSW. The unit is currently equipped with a number of vehicles including Mercedes and International pumpers and a speciality 'rapid rail response unit' which is able to travel via the road and rail network for rescue operations. The units motto is "Semper Paratus", Latin for "Always Ready".
- ^ RailCorp Annual Report 2009-2010
- ^ "NSW moves to abolish RailCorp". Railway Gazette International. http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/single-view/view//nsw-moves-to-abolish-railcorp.html. Retrieved 2009-06-25. [dead link]
- ^ "Home". www.railcorp.info. http://www.railcorp.info/. Retrieved 2008-03-14.
- ^ "Board of Directors". RailCorp. http://www.railcorp.info/about_railcorp/board_of_directors. Retrieved 2008-04-20.
- ^ Linton Besser RailCorp's scrutineer one of its own executives, Sydney Morning Herald, April 3, 2009.
- ^ http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/parlment/hansart.nsf/V3Key/LC20100601029
- ^ http://www.railcorp.info/__data/assets/pdf_file/0003/5493/RailCorp_Annual_Report_2006-2007.pdf
- ^ http://www.flickr.com/photos/orange-tim/4343293060/sizes/l/in/pool-886966@N24/
- ^ http://www.semfirerescue.com.au/downloads/VehiclePDF/Special/RapidRail.pdf
- ^ http://www.flickr.com/photos/woosang/3732451164/sizes/z/in/photostream/
Europe(Austria) ÖBB-Infrastruktur • (Belgium) Infrabel • (Bulgaria) NRIC • (Croatia) HZ Infrastruktur • (Czech Republic) Správa železniční dopravní cesty • (Denmark) Banedanmark • (Spain) Adif • (Estonia) EVR Infra • (France) RFF, Eurotunnel • (Germany) DB Netze • (Finland) Finnish Rail Administration • (Greece) Hellenic Railways Organisation • (Hungary) Vasúti Pályakapacitás-elosztó • (Italy} Rete Ferroviaria Italiana • (Lithuania) LDz infrastruktūra • (Luxembourg) Communauté de Transports – Accès Réseau • (Netherlands) ProRail, Keyrail • (Norway) Norwegian National Rail Administration • (Poland) Polskie Linie Kolejowe (also PCC Śląskie Linie Kolejowe) • (Portugal) REFER • (Romania) Compania Natională de Căi Ferate • (Slovakia) Railways of Slovak Republic – ŽSR • (Slovenia) AŽP • (Sweden) Swedish Transport Administration • (United Kingdom) Network Rail, HS1 Ltd., Eurotunnel Africa(Algeria) Anesrif Australasia Preceded by
State Rail Authority of New South Wales
Railway Commissions in New South Wales
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.