- Columella (disambiguation)
Columella is Latin meaning "little coloumn". It may refer to:
- Columella (4 - ca. 70), a Roman writer
- Columella (gastropod), an anatomical feature of a coiled snail shell or gastropod shell
- Columella (genus), a genus of land gastropods, in the family Vertiginidae
- In mycology, the central sterile portion of the sporangium in various fungi
- In human anatomy, Columella nasi, the fleshy external end of the nasal septum
- Columella, a part of the auditory system of amphibians, reptiles and birds, corresponding to the stapes in mammals.
- Columella (root), in plant anatomy, it is distinct tissue layer in the very tip of root tip. It is column of cells bellow quiescent centre (QC = stem cells in the growing tip of the root).
- Columella; or, The Distressed Anchoret, a 1779 novel by Richard Graves
- Columella (wine), a cult wine label by South African producer The Sadie Family
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.