- Danny Jorgensen
Jorgensen's research interests include Sociology of Culture, Knowledge, and Religion, Science and Religion, Cults and Sects, American religion, Native American religions, new religions, Mormonism, Shakerism, Occultism, Neopaganism, Witchcraft, Scientology, and others.
- Ph.D., Sociology, Ohio State University, 1979, Linguistics minor. Dissertation: "Tarot Divination in the Valley of the Sun: An Existential Sociology of the Esoteric and Occult."
- M.A., Sociology, Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, KY, 1974, Thesis: "The Social Construction of Professional Knowledge: Illustrative Empirical Patterns in Social Work, 1956-1973."
- B.S., Sociology, Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, AZ, 1972, extended major, including field work
- The Rise of Mormonism. By Rodney Stark (Reid L. Neilson, ed.). New York: Columbia University Press, 2005. Choice (May 2006).
- Images of the New Jerusalem: Latter Day Saint Factions Interpretations of Independence, Missouri. By Craig S. Campbell. Knoxville: The University of Tennessee Press, 2004. Choice (2005).
- Equal Rites: The Book of Mormon, Masonry, Gender, and American Culture. By Clyde R. Forsberg, Jr. New York: Columbia Press, 2004. Choice (December 2005).
- An Introduction to Mormonism. By Douglas J. Davies. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2003. Choice (September 2004).
- All Abraham's Children: Changing Mormon Conceptions of Race and Lineage. By Armand L. Mauss. Urbana: University of Illinois Press, 2003. Choice (April 2004).
- Pagan Theology: Paganism as a World Religion. By Michael York. New York: New York University, 2003. Choice 41 (October 2003): 357.
- By the Hand of Mormon: The American Scripture that Launched a New World Religion. By Terryl L. Givens. New York: Oxford University Press, 2002. Choice 40 (February 2003): 999.
- "Introduction to Emma Curtis Hopkins: Forgotten Founder of New Thought," Journal of the Society for the Study of Metaphysical Religion 8 (2, Fall, 2002): 79-88
- One Nation Under Gods: A History of the Mormon Church. By Richard Abanes. New York: Four Walls Eight Windows, 2002. Choice 40 (November 2002): 484.
- [Review of] Mormon History. By Ronald W. Walker, David J. Whittaker, and James B. Allen. Urbana: University of Illinois Press, 2001. Choice 39 (7, March 2002): 261.
- "The Mormon Gender-Inclusive Image of God," Journal of Mormon History 27 (1, Spring, 2001): 95-126.
- The New Believers: Sects,"Cults" and Alternative Religions. By David V. Barrett. London: Cassell, 2001. Choice 39 (4, December 2001): 283.
- Mormons and Mormonism: An Introduction to an American World Religion. By Eric A. Eliason (ed.). Urbana: University of Illinois Press, 2001). Choice 39 (2, October 2001): 294.
- The Mormon Culture of Salvation: Force, Grace and Gory. By Douglas J. Davies, Burlington, VT: Ashgate, 2000. Choice 38 (10, June, 2001): 300.
- Daughters of the Goddess: Studies of Healing, Identity, and Empowerment. By Wendy Griffin (ed.). Walnut Creek, CA: Altamira, 2000. Sociology of Religion.
- ^ "Tarot divination in the Valley of the Sun: an existential sociology of the exoteric and occult". Library Catalog. University Libraries, The Ohio State University. http://library.ohio-state.edu/record=b2632225~S7. Retrieved 2010-04-05.
- ^ Sage Publications
- ^ a b c Jorgensen, Danny. "Curriculum Vitae". Faculty Academic Information Reporting. University of South Florida. http://usfweb2.usf.edu/fair/save/displayvita.asp?emplid=00000021787. Retrieved 2009-05-12. [dead link]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.