- Paint Creek Independent School District
Paint Creek Independent School District Type and location Type Public Grades Pre-K through 12 Region ESC Region 14 Country USA Location Paint Creek, TX District Info Superintendent Don Ballard Students and staff Athletic Conference UIL Class A (six-man football participant) Colors maroon, black and white Other information Mascot pirate Website Paint Creek ISD
Paint Creek Independent School District is a public school district based in the community of Paint Creek in unincorporated Haskell County, Texas (USA). Its headquarters are along Farm to Market Road 600.
Most of the district is in Haskell County, and a small portion of the district extends into Jones County.
Paint Creek ISD has one school that serves students in grades pre-kindergarten through twelve.
The district formed in 1937 from the consolidation of the Post, Howard, Weaver, Rose, and McConnell school districts. The name was chosen from a nearby stream. Construction on the first school building began in 1937 and was completed in the summer of 1938. Between 1938 and 1941 five additional small school districts – Plainview, Ward, Rockdale, Ericksdahl, and Cobb – merged to form the current Paint Creek district.
- Paint Creek Elementary School
- Paint Creek Secondary School
- ^ "Contact." Paint Creek Independent School District. Retrieved on August 7, 2011. "Paint Creek ISD 4485 FM 600 Haskell, TX 79521"
- ^ "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency. http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/perfreport/account/2009/index.html.
- ^ Herman, Ken. "Touting his experience, Perry begins campaign." Austin American-Statesman. January 9, 2002. Retrieved on August 7, 2011. "[...]of Paint Creek High School, where Perry was among 13 in the class of '68."
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.