- Daphne Loves Derby
Daphne Loves Derby
Kenny Choi at Rock 'n Roosevelt at UC San Diego
Background information Origin Kent, Washington Genres Indie rock, Alternative rock Years active 2001–2008 Labels Outlook Records (former) Members Kenny Choi
Past members Jason Call
Daphne Loves Derby is an American Indie rock band that formed in Kent, Washington, in 2001. They have released three studio albums, the third in 2007 titled Good Night, Witness Light, peaked at number 30 on the Billboard Top Heatseekers chart. The band was featured on Billboard's official website following the release of the album.
Much of their popularity comes from the website PureVolume, where they now have over 5,300,000 plays. For a time, they held the number one spot on PureVolume's Unsigned Artists page, but in 2005 they signed onto Outlook Music Universal Records. The band has been featured in the Bamboozle Left tours numerous times. They have had several releases, including their self-titled debut album, which was released to PureVolume. On the Strength of All Convinced, was released on July 26, 2005. Their latest album, Good Night, Witness Light, was released on March 27, 2007. They are currently writing their fourth studio album. On March 3, 2011, The California Aggie online edition posted an interview with the band following a live performance. David told the interviewer that: "We actually just recorded an album and we're working with a label to hopefully release it this summer. It was a good process and we recorded the whole thing in two weeks. So right now we're still kind of stewing on the extra thing to do with it."
- Kenny Choi - Vocals/Lyrics/Rhythm Guitar
- David Sparks - Bass/Vocals
- Stu Clay - Drums
- Spencer Abbott - Lead Guitar
- Jason Call - Bass/Vocals
- Daphne Loves Derby (2003)
- On the Strength of All Convinced (2005)
- Good Night, Witness Light (2007)
- A Sudden Change EP (2001)
- The Wonder Years EP (2003)
- Post Post EP (2004)
- Closing Down the Pattern Department (2004)
- Calm the Jock Down (2006)
- Acoustic EP (2006)
- Hammers and Hearts (2005)
- Sundays (2006)
- That's Our Hero Shot (2007)
- Stranger, You and I (2007)
- ^ http://www.allmusic.com/artist/p703743
- ^ http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/daphne_loves_derby/artist.jhtml
- ^ "Artist Albums Chart History - Daphne Loves Derby". Billboard. http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/retrieve_chart_history.do?model.chartFormatGroupName=Albums&model.vnuArtistId=658086&model.vnuAlbumId=903776. Retrieved 2009-03-30.
- ^ http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=274300
- American indie rock groups
- Musical groups from Washington (state)
- People from Kent, Washington
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.