- Christina Cox
Christina Cox Born July 31, 1971
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Years active 1994–Present
Christina Cox was born just outside of Toronto, the youngest of three daughters. Her two sisters are named Tracey and Melissa. She studied theatre and dance at the Arts York at Unionville High School, and continued her theatre training at the Ryerson Theatre School of Toronto where she studied for two years.
Cox competed in the areas of gymnastics, track and field and Tae Kwon Do. At one point she had aspirations of becoming an Olympic gymnast but then focused on drama and dance while in high school. She is also proficient in boxing, Muay Thai Kickboxing and fencing and has had training in stage combat, period weaponry and firearms.
She has over 38 movie and television appearances to her credit. Her best known movie roles include the 1999 Canadian movie Better Than Chocolate, where she co-starred as Kim, and a feature supporting role as Eve Logan in The Chronicles of Riddick. She received a Gemini Award nomination for her performance of Angela Ramírez in F/X: The Series. Cox was an original member of the UPN sitcom Girlfriends, cast as Lynn, for the pilot episode.
Cox has appeared in numerous national theater productions such as William Shakespeare's "Twelfth Night" to Jim Cartwright's raw and dirty "Road". She is also credited with stuntwork in Million Dollar Baby, starring Hilary Swank. Her first role as a main character in a television series was that of Vicki Nelson in the short lived Blood Ties, a supernatural detective series based on the novels by Tanya Huff. Tanya Huff said that: "Back when Christina Cox was doing FX: The Series, I used to point at the screen and announce, 'When she's a little older, she'd be brilliant as Vicki!"
She starred as astronaut-biologist Jen Crane in ABC's 2009 summer show Defying Gravity. Cox also appeared on Showtime in the Dexter episode "Dex Takes a Holiday" as police officer Zoey Kruger. She recently joined the cast of the 2011 ABC summer drama Combat Hospital aka The Hot Zone with Elias Koteas and Deborah Kara Unger.
- Spike of love (1994)
- Street Law (1995)
- No One Could Protect Her (1996)
- Better Than Chocolate (1999)
- Code Name Phoenix (2000)
- Jane Doe (2001)
- Sometimes a Hero (2003)
- The Chronicles of Riddick, as Eve Logan (2004)
- Max Havoc: Ring of Fire (2006)
- Making Mr. Right (2008)
- The Stepson (2010)
- Forever Knight, as Jeanne d'Arc (4 episodes) (1992, 1994, 1995)
- Due South Season 1 Free Willie and season 2 Vault (1994 and 1995)
- The Crow: Stairway to Heaven, as Jessica Capshaw (7 episodes) (1998)
- F/X: The Series (1996–1998)
- Earth: Final Conflict recurring character Halley Simmons (1997–2001)
- Stargate SG-1 ("Spirits" 1998/"The Sentinel" 2002)
- Cold Case (Sherry Darlin') (2003)
- Andromeda (2003) 4x10 - "Exalted Reason, Resplendent Daughter" as Aleyiss San
- CSI: Miami (Stalkerazzi) (2004)
- Nikki and Nora (pilot) (2005)
- Numb3rs (Man Hunt) (2005)
- House ("Love Hurts") (2005)
- Blood Ties (2007–2008)
- Bones ("Death in the Saddle")
- Stargate Atlantis (2008) 5x07 - "Whispers" as Major Anne Teldy.
- Defying Gravity (2009) as Jen
- Dexter (TV series) (2009) as Zoey Kruger
- 24 (TV series) (2010) as Molly O'Connor
- The Stepson (TV Movie) (2010) Lifetime Movie Network
- NCIS (TV series) (2011) 8x13 Freedom as Georgia Wooten
- Combat Hospital (2011)
- ^ a b c d e ChristinaCox.com, Biography. Retrieved on January 28, 2008.
- ^ (French)OldiBlog.com, Christina Cox
- ^ a b The Christina Cox Fan Appreciation Page.
- ^ http://movies.nytimes.com/person/267699/Christina-Cox/biography
- ^ Christina Cox at the Internet Movie Database.
- ^ a b Contentfilm.com, BLOOD TIES; Brand New Drama. 20 November, 2006.
- ^ ""Seems Like A No-Brainer"/"Reunion"". avclub.com. 2011-05-15. http://www.avclub.com/articles/seems-like-a-nobrainerreunion,56073/. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.