- Chip PC
Chip PC Technologies Type Public (TASE: CPPC) Industry Computer Systems, IT Founded 2000 Headquarters Haifa, Israel Key people Ora Meir Soffer (Chairwoman), Adi Dulberg CEO) Products Thin clients Revenue ₪ 42.440 million (2008) Profit ₪ 2.523 million (2008) Subsidiaries Chip PC Technologies GmbH, Chip PC Inc. Website www.chippc.com
Chip PC Technologies (TASE: CPPC) is a developer and manufacturer of thin client solutions for server-based computing; where in a network architecture applications are deployed, managed and can be fully executed on the server.
The company grew rapidly and established partnerships with Dell, which distributes its products, and Microsoft. In June 2007, it raised NIS 26 million in stocks, bonds, and warrants in an IPO on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange.
In November 2007, the company won Europe's largest Thin client tender thus far, to supply 20,000 Thin client PC's and management software to RZF, the tax authority of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia in Germany.
Chip PC supplies thin clients to Multinational & Public sector organizations, recently winning 1st place in an independent Thin-Clients Evaluation among 26 thin clients from 9 vendors worldwide. Among Chip PC customers are top organizations from various verticals, such as Healthcare (JLL-Sweden), Finance (Friesland Bank- Netherlands), Defense (Israeli Navy), Government (US Police), and Education (HES Business School-Netherlands).
Although the company's main target markets are enterprises and large organizations, it modifies and customizes models to fit other markets; such as the Networked home, SOHO (Small-Office-Home-Office), Point of sale and others.
- Chip PC Website
- Chip PC Thin Clients
- Chip PC Jack PC (a patented thin client that integrates into a standard LAN jack)
- Chip PC Xtreme PC
- ^ "Chip PC receives first round of funding from R.H. Technologies Ltd", The Daily Deal -- September 2001
- ^ Elbit Systems acquired an approximately 20% interest (18.5% plus a loan convertible into additional shares) in Chip PC Ltd. ESLT 20-F filed May 28, 2008.
- ^ Yoshai, Michal, "Chip PC wins thin client computer order", Globes,19-09-2007 --, http://www.ivc-online.com/ivcWeeklyItem.asp?articleID=6048, retrieved 2009-11-06
- ^ "Chip PC Wins Europe's Largest Thin Client Tender to Supply 20,000 Thin Clients and Management Software to German RZF", PRNewswire -- 13 November 2007, http://www.redorbit.com/news/technology/1141921/chip_pc_wins_europes_largest_thin_client_tender_to_supply/index.html, retrieved 2009-11-06
- ^ a b Chip PC Technologies, Company Profile, http://www.chippc.com/support/downloads/files/CPN04008_ChipPC_Company_Brochure09-2008.pdf, retrieved 2009-11-06
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.