- Tim Deegan
Timothy Justin "Tim" Deegan (born
December 10, 1982) is a video jockey on MuchMusic, a music television station in Canada. He won the job on April 10, 2006over nineteen other VJ hopeful finalists on " VJ Search", a reality showcreated to find the next MuchMusic VJ. Before the show, he was a student at Conestoga Collegein Kitchener, Ontario and an occasional rock drummer in a few indie bands in his hometown of Oshawa, Ontario. He also attended O'Neill C.V.I in hometown.
Deegan was selected to come to
Torontoto try out on the show. After he got by the first 20 finalists into the top 10, he quickly became one of the most liked people on the show. He did very little to create excitement in the show and was often seen as the peacemaker. Much attention has been given to the fact one of his competitors was the first openly-gay VJ hopeful, but little was made of the fact that Deegan is the first openly learning disabled contestant. Many have been inspired by his innovative method of cue-card reading, which involves turning them upside down and reflecting them into a mirror.Fact|date=August 2007
Tim was voted off in the 8th episode of the 10 (plus 1 finale) episode series. He was accompanied by Casey-Jo Loos (who had also been kicked off that night in a surprise twist) to the "loser loft", where Tim and the others learned that they had a chance to be voted back onto the show by the viewers. All six of the "loser loft" contestants (except Larissa Tobacco) came back during episode 9 to surprise the final three contestants. The next week the show was aired live from the
CHUM-City Buildingin Toronto, where it was announced that Tim Deegan was the "wildcard" contestant.
On April 10, 2006, the show ran its final episode live where it was announced that the winner of the 2006 MuchMusic VJ Search was Tim Deegan. He made his first employed appearance on MuchMusic on April 24, 2006.
Aliya-Jasmine Sovani, former MuchOnDemandproducer who left to work for MTV Canada, can be seen in Tim's audition video.
*Ever since being hired by Much, Tim's trademark has been taking his shirt off on-camera, primarily in MOD skits which can be accessed on Much AXS.
*Tim has often mentioned
Rick Campanelliand George Stroumboulopoulosas his favourite former Much VJs.
*Tim participated as an auctionee in a Conestoga Residence Bachelor/Bachelorette Auction, while he attended Conestoga College. His quote inside the promotional brochure was "In it for the pizza!" Each person who volunteered to get auctioned off received free pizza.
*Tim is dating Sara McKim, a Miss Canada Finalist
*Tim is very passionate about the enviroment and is currently building an electric car with a NAPA store owner, Rick McKim.
* [http://www.muchmusic.com/events/vjsearch06/show/finalists/tim/ MuchMusic profile: Tim Deegan]
* [http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1144752426958&call_pageid=968332188492 Toronto Star article, 12th Apr] (Broken)
* [http://www.muchmusic.com/video/2006/shows/vjsearch/01/vjsearch5_060125.wvx Video of Tim Deegan's VJ Search audition]
* [http://www.muchmusic.com/video/2006/shows/vjsearch/03/mmvj_LL9_seg5_060327.wvx Video of Tim Deegan's reaction to being eliminated and his pitch to be voted back as a VJ Search hopeful]
* [http://www.muchmusic.com/video/2006/shows/vjsearch/04/mmvj_LL10_seg4_060403.wvx Video compilation highlighting Tim Deegan's VJ Search performances]
* [http://www.celebsmagazine.com/fiancenikita/2006/shows/vjsearch/04/mmvj_LL10_seg4_060403.wvx Video compilation highlighting Tim Deegan's VJ Search performances]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.