CER (Serbian: Цифарски Електронски Рачунар - "Digital Electronic Computer") model 22 was a
transistorbased computerdeveloped by Mihajlo Pupin Institute( Serbia) in 1967. It was originally intended for banking applications and was used for data processing and management planning in banks, trade and utility companies in Belgrade.Three CER-22 computers were purchased by Beobanka, Jugopetrol and BVK–Belgrade companies.
The principal designers and chiefs of the project teams were:
*Dušan Hristović, MSc.Svetomir Ojdanić, Ljubivoje Marković, MSc.Veselin Potić, Radivoje Ilić et al for Beobanka;
*Dr Sc.Miroslav Jocković, Michael Savikin,MSc.Vladan Pavlović, MSc.Veselin Potić, Branimir Leposavić for Jugopetrol co.;
*MSc.Vladislav Paunović, MSc.Miloš Marjanović, Petar Vrbavac, Dragiša Tinković et al for BVK.
Technical characteristics of the CER-22:
* Technology: IC (MSI), transistor and diode logic circuits
* Printed circuit boards with Amphenol connectors
* CPU performance: the 16-cycle instructions (10 microseconds);
* Magnetic core memory: 32 KB capacity (cycle time 2 microseconds);
* Disk storage CDC 854 (max 8 units);
* Card reader and puncher: 300 cards/min and 150 cards/min;
* Paper tape reader and puncher "Facit": 1000 characters/s and 150 characters/s;
* Parallel Line Printer DP MZ-4: 128 characters/line, 600 lines/min.
* Electronic Computer System CER-22 (Dušan Hristović, Ljubivoje Marković, Slavoljub Rajić), Proc. IV Symp. Informatika-68, pp.271-278, Ljubljana-Bled, October 1968;
* Computer CER-22 (Dušan Hristović), HPEEA journal, No 10, pp.5-12, Belgrade 1969;
* Digital electronic computers CER (M. Momčilović, D. Hristović, P. Vrbavac et al), Proc. of the seminar Mehanizacija i AOP u preduzećima, pp.38-58, Nova Varoš, 22 May 1969;
* “TIM Computers” (D. Milićević, D. Hristović Ed.), pp. 165-166, Naucna knjiga, Belgrade 1990;
* Review and Analysis of the computers CER (Vladislav Paunović, Dušan Hristović), Proc. of 44. Conf. ETRAN-2000, vol.3, pp.79-82, Soko banja, 26 June 2000.
Mihajlo Pupin Institute
History of computer hardware in the SFRY
* [http://www.imp.bg.ac.yu/gallery/pupin67.HTM 1967: CER-22] - manufacturer's page with picture of CER-22
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.