- Diane Parish
Diane Parish Born 1 November 1969
Dalston, London, England
Occupation Actress Years active 1991–present Partner Sebastian (2001–
present) (engaged 2007)
After graduating from London's Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA) she worked mainly in theatre, using the received pronunciation she was taught at RADA to extend her repertoire of Shakespeare. She also undertook some minor television roles including Beth Taylor alongside Ian McShane in Lovejoy, and Lola Christie, girlfriend of Mick McFarlane, the manager of the EastEnders night cafe, in 1998.
Parish has also appeared in television dramas including The Bill and its spin-off M.I.T.: Murder Investigation Team, playing DC Eva Sharpe. Before The Bill she starred in Babyfather, for which she received the Royal Television Society's best actress award in 2001 – the first black actor to win a major RTS award.
Parish returned to EastEnders in May 2006 but this time playing regular character Denise Fox. She departed from the soap opera temporarily in January 2008 in order to give birth to her daughter, returning in June 2008.
Parish made an appearance in the 1996 film Indian Summer, also released by the name Alive And Kicking and played the character named Millie. In the film, Parish is briefly nude in many shots.
- Lovejoy – Beth Taylor (1993–94)
- The Final Passage – Milkie (1996)
- Indian Summer – Millie (1996)
- Holding On – Janet (1997)
- EastEnders – Lola Christie (1998)
- Picking up the Pieces – Lisa Gee (1998)
- Real Women – Rachel (1998)
- Clocking Off – Sylvia Robinson (2000–02)
- Babyfather – Lesley Bailey (2001–02)
- The Bill – DC Eva Sharpe (2002–04)
- M.I.T.: Murder Investigation Team – DC Eva Sharpe (2005)
- EastEnders – Denise Fox (2006—)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.