- Vincent Bochdalek
Vincent Alexander Bochdalek (1801 –
February 3, 1883) was a Bohemian anatomist. His first name has also been given as "Vincenc" and "Vincenz".
Bochdalek was born in Litoměřice. He obtained his doctorate in 1833 in
Prague, where he was later professor of anatomy for several decades. He retired in 1874, settling in Litoměřiceand later dying in Prague. His son, Victor Bochdalek(1835-1868), became a prominent physician in his own right.
* Bochdalek's cyst: a congenital
cystat the root of the tongue.
* Bochdalek's flower basket: part of the
choroid plexusof the fourth ventricleprotruding through the lateral bursa (recessus lateralis) of the fourth ventricle ( Luschka's foramen).
Bochdalek's foramen: a congenital defective opening through the diaphragm, connecting pleural and peritoneal cavities.
* Bochdalek's ganglion: a
ganglionof dental nerve in the jaw ( maxilla) above the root of the canine teeth.
* Bochdalek's hernia:
Congenital diaphragmatic herniawhich allows protrusion of abdominal viscera into the chest.
* Bochdalek's triangle: the lumbocostal triangle, a triangle-shaped slit in the muscle plate between lumbar or sternal part in the diaphragm and the 12th rib.
* Bochdalek's valve: a fold of membrane in the
lacrimal ductnear the punctum lacrimale. Another name for this structure is Foltz' valvule; named after French ophthalmologistJean Charles Eugène Foltz (1822-1876).
* Vater's duct: a duct that in the embryo connects the thyroid diverticulum and the posterior part of the tongue.
*Anleitung zur praktischen Zergliederung des menschlichen Gehirns nebst einer anatomischen Beschreibung desselben mit besonderer Rücksicht auf das kleine Gehirn. 1833.
*Neue Untersuchungen und genaue Würdigung der Nerven des Ober- und Unterkiefers.
*Medizinische Jahrbücher des kaiserlich-königlichen österreichischen Staates, Wien, 1836, 19: 223-240. (With the description of the ganglion supramaxillare)
* [http://www.maxdorf.cz/maxdorf/vls/index.php?action=detail&id=3779&ctest=1 Medical Dictionary] cs icon
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.