Charcot may refer to:
- Jean-Martin Charcot - French neurologist
Charcot's name is associated with many diseases and conditions including
- Charcot's artery (lenticulostriate artery)
- Charcot's joint (diabetic arthropathy)
- Charcot's disease (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, the most-common subtype of motor neurone disease- also known as Lou Gehrig's disease.
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease (peroneal muscular atrophy)
- Charcot Wilbrand syndrome (visual agnosia and loss of ability to revisualise images)
- Charcot's intermittent hepatic fever (intermittent pain, intermittent fever, intermittent jaundice, and loss of weight)
- Charcot-Bouchard aneurysms (tiny aneurysms of the penetrating branches of middle cerebral artery in hypertensives)
- Charcot's triad
- Charcot arthropathy
- Charcot-Leyden crystals due to eosinophils white blood cells lysis in cases of allergic diseases.
- Jean-Baptiste Charcot - French explorer and physician, son of Jean-Martin Charcot.
- Charcot Island -an island of Antarctica named by Jean-Baptiste Charcot
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.Categories:
- Disambiguation pages
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.