- Michael Tucker (actor)
Tucker at the 1987 Emmy Awards
Born February 6, 1945
Years active 1971 - present Spouse Jill Eikenberry Website http://www.tuckerberry.com/
Tucker was born in Baltimore, Maryland and is a graduate of the Baltimore City College high school and Carnegie-Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where he was close to the American T.V. writer and producer, Steven Bochco, later to create L.A. Law. His acting experience includes early appearances with Joseph Papp and a major stint at the Arena Theatre, in Washington, D.C. He also has worked with Lina Wertmuller, Woody Allen, and Barry Levinson (also from Baltimore).
Tucker played Stuart Markowitz in L.A. Law, where he co-starred with his wife Jill Eikenberry.
Both he and Eikenberry are active in fund-raising for breast cancer research and treatment. He has written three books, including Living in a Foreign Language: A Memoir of Food, Wine, and Love in Italy, which describes his buying a house in a small Italian village and mastering the fine art of Italian cooking. He is the author of http://notesfromaculinarywasteland.com/, a blog about food, travel and the good life.
After meeting artist Emile Norman, Eikenberry and Tucker purchased land from him to become his neighbors in Big Sur, California. In 2008 they produced a PBS documentary, Emile Norman: By His Own Design.
- Eyes of Laura Mars (1978) - Bert
- Diner (1982) - Bagel
- The Purple Rose of Cairo (1985) - Gil's Agent
- Tin Men (1987) - Bagel
- Radio Days (1987) - Father
- Day One (1989) - Leo Szilard
- Too Young to Die? (1990) - Buddy Thornton
- The Secret Life of Archie's Wife (1990)
- In the Nick of Time (1991) - Ben Talbot
- A Town Torn Apart (1992) - Dennis "Doc" Littky
- For Love or Money (1993) - Harry Wegman
- D2: The Mighty Ducks (1994) - Don Tibbles
- L.A. Law (TV series) (1986–1994) - Stuart Markowitz
- 'Til There Was You (1997) - Saul Moss
- Growing Up Brady (2000) - Sherwood Schwartz
- L.A. Law: The Movie (2002) - Stuart Markowitz
- I Never Forget a Meal: An Indulgent Reminiscence (1995)
- Living in a Foreign Language: A Memoir of Food, Wine, and Love (2007)
- Family Meals: Coming Together to Care for an Aging Parent (2009)
- ^ "Emile Norman dies at 91; artist created mosaic window for Masonic temple in San Francisco". The LA Times, Valerie J. Nelson, Sept 27, 2009. http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-emile-norman27-2009sep27,0,4662372.story.
Current Blog about A blog about life, traveling, and the glory of food. http://notesfromaculinarywasteland.com/
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.