- Michael Falzarano
Michael Falzarano Genres Roots rock Occupations Singer, songwriter, guitarist Instruments Electric guitar,
Years active 1970s–present Associated acts Hot Tuna,
New Riders of the Purple Sage,
The Extended Family
Michael Falzarano is an American guitarist, singer, and songwriter. He has been working as a professional musician since the 1970s, most notably in Hot Tuna, the New Riders of the Purple Sage, and the Memphis Pilgrims, a Memphis-style rock and roll/blues band that he founded in 1986.
Having signed with Blues Planet Records, Falzarano released a solo project entitled The King James Sessions in 2005. A re-released version of the song "Last Train Out," which he wrote in memory of the Allman Brothers Band and Gov't Mule bass player Allen Woody, appears on the record. Blues Planet re-released Mecca, an album that Falzarano and the Memphis Pilgrims originally released in 1996 on Relix Records with guests Jorma Kaukonen, Pete Sears, and Harvey Sorgen of Hot Tuna and Danny Lewis of Gov't Mule. In 2008, Falzarano released another solo album, We Are All One.
When not performing with his own band, Falzarano can be seen with Hot Tuna, the Jorma Kaukonen Trio, and the New Riders of the Purple Sage. Falzarano also produces other artists, and teaches guitar workshops at Jorma Kaukonen’s Fur Peace Ranch.
- Pair a Dice Found – Hot Tuna (1990)
- Live at Sweetwater – Hot Tuna (1992)
- Live at Sweetwater Two – Hot Tuna (1993)
- The Land of Heroes – Jorma Kaukonen (1995)
- Mecca – Memphis Pilgrims (1996)
- Christmas – Jorma Kaukonen (1996)
- Live in Japan – Hot Tuna (1997)
- Too Many Years – Jorma Kaukonen (1998)
- Rusted Root – Rusted Root (1998)
- Jorma Kaukonen Trio Live – Jorma Kaukonen (1999)
- And Furthurmore... – Hot Tuna (1999)
- The King James Sessions – Michael Falzarano (2006)
- Wanted: Live at Turkey Trot – New Riders of the Purple Sage (2007)
- We Are All One – Michael Falzarano (2008)
- Where I Come From – New Riders of the Purple Sage (2009)
- ^ Michael Falzarano credits at Allmusic
- ^ Metzger, John. "Goin' Down the Road with Michael Falzarano", The Music Box, March 9, 2009
- Michael Falzarano at Allmusic
- Memphis Pilgrims at Allmusic
- Michael Falzarano discography at michaelfalzarano.com
- Bendersky, Ari. "Hot Tuna in the Raw", Rolling Stone, April 24, 1998.
- Bernstein, Scott. Michael Falzarano interview, Glide Magazine
- Collette, Doug. We Are All One album review, All About Jazz
- Conway, Jud. We Are All One album review, KindWeb, December 1, 2008
- American guitarists
- American rock musicians
- Living people
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.