- Orange and Bronze Software Labs
Orange and Bronze Software Labs (O&B) is a privately-owned computer software development company based in the Philippines. The company delivers software consulting, product engineering, and IT training services with a focus on Java technology.
Orange and Bronze was founded in July 2005 by Calen Martin Legaspi and Renato "Butch" Landingin. Calen Legaspi says that they “wanted to establish a technology-oriented company that Filipinos can be proud of...we would also want to contribute to global programming standards, create new technologies and be with the same level together with globally-respected companies like Google, Microsoft and BoostPro.”
The company started as a two-man consulting firm doing software training for local software companies. Their clients eventually hired them as software consultants, before the company ventured into offshore software development projects. This led to partnerships with Google, SpringSource and Pentaho.
As of March 2011, Orange and Bronze's headcount is at 90 employees.
Calen Legaspi is the co-founder and CEO of Orange and Bronze Software Labs. He co-founded PinoyJUG, or the Assocation of Philippine Java Developers. He is currently part of the Technology Council for the Philippine Software Industry Association (PSIA) as Director for Technology. He is also the official representative to the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) Technical Committee on Computer Science.
Renato "Butch" Landingin is Calen Legaspi's co-founder. He serves as the company's Chief Technology Officer. Butch Landingin has over 20 years of experience in the software industry and spent almost a decade working at Silicon Valley. He has been using Java and Linux even before their respective 1.0 releases. He attended the very first JavaOne conference at San Francisco in 1996. Butch Landingin is the author of Squishdot, which is described as "a web based news publishing and discussion product that allows you to handle threaded discussions with a minimum of configuration and day-to-day management by building a web-based news site." 
O&B offers consulting and offshore product development services with a focus on Enterprise Java and Agile software development. This focus is due to co-founder Calen Legaspi’s belief that “other competing technologies have not yet been able to reach the maturity or industry acceptance of Java. This is why companies with huge scalability and security requirements like Google, Twitter, Ebay and LinkedIn use Java for much of their core systems”.
Renato “Butch” Landingin, co-founder and chief technology officer, is the author of an open source application called Squishdot, written in Python and Zope. Squishdot is a news and publishing content management system used by KDE Dot News.
Michael Mallete, the vice president for consulting services, developed open source applications S2PFace, Grails SoundManager Plugin and Robot Framework Maven Plugin.
- ^ "Java Outsourcing Booming, Says Orange & Bronze". Computerworld Philippines. http://computerworld.com.ph/java-outsourcing-booming-says-orange-bronze/. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- ^ "Consulting Services". http://www.orangeandbronze.com/consulting-services. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- ^ a b Bartolome, Millicent (1 April 2011). "Calen Legaspi of Orange & Bronze Software Labs: “Show your passion for your profession, beyond what’s required at school.”". EdgeWise.PH. Bronze Age Media, Inc.. http://www.edgewise.ph/2011/04/01/002-pro-files/calen-legaspi-of-orange-and-bronze-software-labs-show-your-passion-for-your-profession-beyond-whats-required-at-school/. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- ^ "Grails Development Firms". Customer-edited web page. SpringSource. http://grails.org/Grails+Development+Firms. Retrieved 6 October 2011.
- ^ "Orange and Bronze". Google Apps Marketplace. Google. http://www.google.com/enterprise/marketplace/viewListing?productListingId=7550+14566299375431218371. Retrieved 6 October 2011.
- ^ "Google Maps seen to enhance online visibility of Filipino businesses". Summit Media. http://www.techie.com.ph/press-releases/google-maps-seen-to-enhance-online-visibility-of-filipino-businesses. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- ^ "Gray Matter partners with Orange & Bronze Software Labs to provide Pentaho Open Source Business Intelligence solutions in PH". Media G8way Corp.. http://www.enterprise.ph/?_s=8&_ss=P&P=3&PN=11315&L=S&II=482&ID=S,482,B3,1-16. Retrieved 7 October 2011.
- ^ "Orange & Bronze CEO gets elected anew at PSIA, renews commitment". http://www.orangeandbronze.com/orange-bronze-ceo-gets-elected-anew-at-psia-renews-commitment. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- ^ Gagelonia, Dante (June 2011). "On The Cutting Edge". Entrepreneur Philippines Magazine. http://www.flickr.com/photos/54001012@N03/5810510248/sizes/o/in/photostream/. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- ^ Estopace, Eden. "Software firm targets global market". PhilStar. http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleid=661458.
- ^ a b c d "About Us". http://www.orangeandbronze.com/about-us-2. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- ^ "Technology Council". Philippines Software Industry Association. http://psia.org.ph/TechnologyCouncil.aspx. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- ^ "SquishDot 0.7.2". VLC Components. http://www.vclcomponents.com/Python/Discussion_Boards/SquishDot-info.html. Retrieved 7 October 2011.
- ^ "Consulting Services". Orange and Bronze. http://www.orangeandbronze.com/consulting-services. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- ^ "Java outsourcing booming, says Orange & Bronze". PinoyTech Blog. http://www.pinoytechblog.com/archives/java-outsourcing-booming-says-orange-bronze. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- ^ "O&B University Course Offerings". http://www.orangeandbronze.com/course-offerings-10. Retrieved 7 October 2011.
- ^ "Pinoy software firm incubates real estate search site". Newsbytes Philippines. http://newsbytes.ph/2011/02/28/pinoy-software-firm-incubates-real-estate-search-site/.
- ^ Valmero, Anna (June 3, 2011). "Filipino software developers create online map service for real estate companies". Loqal.p h. http://loqal.ph/business-and-finance/2011/06/03/filipino-software-developers-create-online-map-service-for-real-estate-companies/. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- ^ Tuazon, John Mark. "Indian and Filipino software firm partnership brings open source BI to PH". ComputerWorld Philippines. http://computerworld.com.ph/indian-and-filipino-software-firm-partnership-brings-open-source-bi-to-ph/. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.