- Norman Kay Platinum Pairs
The Norman Kay Platinum Pairs is a six-session open-pairs event with two qualifying, two semi-final, and two final sessions. It is restricted to those players who have earned 50 platinum masterpoints over the three calendar years prior, earned at least 200 platinum points lifetime, or earned the rank of Platinum Life Master or Grand Life Master.
Its introduction in 2010 gives the three annual NABC meets each one three-day pairs tournament open to all players without regard to age, sex, nationality, or membership. The Platinum Pairs shares the Spring NABC with the North American Pairs, restricted to ACBL members who qualify in 25 Districts, many of which require qualification in local Units. It also requires past achievement greater than that required by the summer Life Master Pairs or the fall Blue Ribbon Pairs (but all are within reach for leading players from overseas who attend a few American meets).
It does not yet have much history.
Winners of Norman Kay Platinum Pairs Year Winners Runners-up 2010 Franco Baseggio, Andy Stark Peter Fredin, Gary Gottlieb 2011 John Hurd, Joel Wooldridge Ken Kranyak, Laurie Kranyak
- ^ "Platinum Pairs Special Conditions of Contest". acbl.com. ACBL. http://www.acbl.org/assets/documents/play/Conditions-of-Contest/Platinum-Pairs.pdf. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
- ^ "ACBL Board of Directors Meeting Minutes". acbl.com. ACBL. 14-17 July 2008. http://web2.acbl.org/documentlibrary/about/0802-exhibits/2008_2_Las_Vegas_board_minutes.pdf. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
- ^ "Daily Bulletin". acbl.com. ACBL. 11 March 2011. http://www.acbl.org/nabc/2011/01/bulletins/db1.pdf. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
- ^ "ACBL - NABC Winners". acbl.com. ACBL. http://www.acbl.org/play/nabc-winners.html. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.