- Mazzoni Center
Mazzoni Center is the only health care provider in the Philadelphia region specifically targeting the unique health care needs of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Founded in 1979, it is the oldest AIDS service organization in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and the fourth-oldest in the nation. As the organization grew and evolved to meet the needs of our constituents, Mazzoni Center has combined HIV/AIDS-related services and health services. Over 30,000 individuals benefit annually from their services.
LGBT people are as diverse as other Americans. They can be found across all racial, ethnic, religious, and socioeconomic strata of our society. The diversity of these communities presents many challenges in the delivery of competent and compassionate health care services. Mazzoni Center strives to break down the cultural insensitivity and institutional homophobia often encountered by LGBT individuals accessing the mainstream health care system by providing sensitive, knowledgeable, and appropriate health care and preventative services. Mazzoni Center offers a full array of primary health care services, mental and behavioral health services, and LGBT legal services, as well as HIV and STD testing, food bank and housing subsidies for families and individuals affected by HIV, support groups, outreach and education programs.
Counseling & Behavioral Health: Support Groups
- Beginnings: recovery support group
- Living with HIV/AIDS
- Stepping Stone
- Creative Arts
- Stress, Relaxation & Mindfulness
- Life Coaching & Self-Esteem
- Social Anxiety
- REACH Program
- Social Sober Space
Rapid HIV Testing & STD Screening
- Free HIV Testing at Club Body Center
- Internet Notification Service for Partners Or Tricks (inSPOT)
- Mobile Testing Unit
- STD Screening
- Walk-in Rapid HIV Testing at Washington West Project
- Case Management
- Food Bank
- HIV/AIDS Services
- Mazzoni Center's legal services department provides direct legal assistance for individuals facing discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity. For many of those assisted, Mazzoni Center is the only option for free legal services. For others, this program offers expert assistance as they steer through complex legal issues about which other attorneys are unfamiliar. Legal assistance is offered on over services 30 issues.
- ALLY Safe Schools
- Community Health Education
- Get REAL Philly
- GSA Mentorship Program
- Many Men, Many Voices
- POZ Men: Prevention Counseling
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.