- Manara Clock Tower
Five stories high, it was erected in 1906 on the orders of the Ottoman sultan Abdul Hamid II to celebrate thirty years of his reign. The tower is similar to those also built by Sultan Abdul Hamid in Tripoli and Haifa. The Manara Clock Tower has an ode to the sultan in elaborate Arabic calligraphy.
- ^ a b c Semplici, Andrea and Boccia, Mario. - Nablus, At the Foot of the Holy Mountain Med Cooperation, p.17.
- ^ Seven clock towers were built in the Land of Israel L.A. Mayer Museum for Islamic Art - Jerusalem.
- ^ La Guardia, 2002, p.315.
- ^ Barnard, Anne. Hamas campaign throws politics into confusion, Palestinians and Israelis unsure if it is moderating Globe Newspaper Company.17 January 2006.
- La Guardia, Anton (2002), War Without End: Israelis, Palestinians, and the Struggle for a Promised Land, Macmillan, ISBN 0312276690
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.