- Don Quixote (2010 film)
Don Quixote Directed by Ah Gan Produced by Ah Gan
Written by Ah Gan
Starring Guo Tao
Music by Zhao Zhao Cinematography Parkie Chan Editing by T.K. Tang Studio Filmko Pictures Beijing
Shenzhen Golden Shores Films
Release date(s) October 15, 2010(China)
October 28, 2010 (Hong Kong)
Running time 106 minutes Country China
Don Quixote (Chinese: 魔俠傳之唐吉可德; pinyin: Móxiáchuán zhī Tángjíkědé) is a 2010 Chinese and Hong Kong film directed by Ah Gan based on Miguel de Cervantes' 17th-century novel. It was promoted as China's first fully 3-D film.
- Guo Tao as Tang Fanghai (Don Quixote)
- Wang Gang as Sang Qiu (Sancho Panza)
- Karena Lam as Sang Cuihua (Dulcinea)
- Miao Pu as Jin Xiang Tong
- Liu Hua as Linghu
- Paul Chun as Dongfang
- Hai Yi Tian as Ximen
- Ying Zhuang as Sima Wan, the Taoist
Director Ah Gan stated that nearly 60 percent of the film is made up of special effects. To create these special effect shots, he tried several special effects companies before taking his film to England, where he used the equipment and technology from the hit film Ice Age. The film was promoted as China's first wholly 3-D movie as only the action sequences in Yuen Woo-ping's True Legend (2010) were shot in 3-D.
Don Quixote was released on October 15, 2010 in China. In its opening week, the film grossed a total of $1,809,682 and was the third highest film in the Chinese box office. The film grossed a total of $5,115,844 in China. The film was released on October 28 in Hong Kong where it grossed a total of $16,246.
Film Business Asia gave the film a five out of ten rating, calling it a stating that "after about half-an-hour — around the time the film leaves behind the novel and embarks on its own invented story — it becomes clear that it isn't developing any dramatic momentum of its own."
- ^ ""Don Quixote" Unveils Magical Scenes". cri.cn. August 18, 2010. http://english.cri.cn/6666/2010/08/10/2521s587783.htm. Retrieved January 26, 2011.
- ^ a b c d Elley, Derek (January 25, 2011). "Don Quixote (魔俠傳之唐吉可德)". Film Business Asia. http://www.filmbiz.asia/reviews/don-quixote. Retrieved January 26, 2011.
- ^ "China Box Office". Box Office Mojo. http://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/china/?yr=2010&wk=42&p=new. Retrieved January 26, 2011.
- ^ a b "Don Quixote". Box Office Mojo. http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/intl/?id=_fDONQUIXOTE01&country=CH&wk=2010W42&id=_fDONQUIXOTE01&p=.htm. Retrieved January 26, 2011.
Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes Characters Film
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.