- DJMax Portable Clazziquai Edition
DJMAX Portable Clazziquai Edition
Cover of DJMax Portable Clazziquai Edition
Developer(s) Pentavision Publisher(s) Pentavision Designer(s) ponGlow Platform(s) PlayStation Portable Release date(s)
- KOR October 20, 2008
Genre(s) Music video game Mode(s) Single-player, Multiplayer Rating(s) GRB: 12+ Media/distribution UMD
DJMax Portable Clazziquai Edition (DJMAX Portable Clazziquai Edition, DMP:CE; Korean: 디제이맥스 포터블 클래지콰이 에디션) is a music video game published and developed by Pentavision in South Korea for the PlayStation Portable released on October 20, 2008. This is the third title for the PlayStation Portable from in the DJMax Portable series, after DJMax Portable 2. It is DJMax Portable mainly using songs from Clazziquai.
- Club Tour is a mode where the player can play in different club, each club is one of three gameplay types. there are three club types. Music type gives the player a list of songs to play and the player must complete each song. Repertory type has several sets of songs given to the player, the player must complete each song in the set in order it's shown to complete the set. Mission type has various other DJ's sorted by Rank and sometimes button modes with specific goals. The player pays some gold to accept the challenge and must meet the goal given to them by the DJ before the song ends. If the player wins, their rank goes up and will earn a new title when they reach a certain rank. If they lose their rank goes down. Players cannot challenge a DJ if the DJ's rank is too high compared to theirs.
- Arcade mode plays through one of 6 button modes in 3 stages each with your choice of a song from a list, the songs get harder the more buttons you use and the higher the stage.
- Album uses a combination of M/V and O.S.T. modes. You can switch the mode by pressing the Square button to view either the M/V or O.S.T. *Collection is a mode where the player can view records of the songs you have played, Play Count, Images (Wallpapers which you can save on to your PSP memory stick), Movies, Emblems and Internet Ranking for Platinum Crew Members only. Data Install is available for faster loading times, you can set the display of the Combo Count either IN the gear or OUT of the gear and the Fever bar can be either Classic (DJMax Portable 2) or New. Multi-Player using Ad-hoc PSP connections is also available.
- Link Disc is a mode that connect to DJMax Portable, DJMax Portable 2, and DJMax Portable Black Square. Link Disc with DJMax Portable unlocks an additional Gear, 3 avatars, and a new song. Link Disc with DJMax Portable 2 unlocks another additional Gear, 2 avatars and a new song. Link Disc with Black Square unlocks 3 new songs.
- Game Modes
- 2B - uses ◄ and ▲ as 1 button, and Triangle and Circle as 1 button, the middle is for the analog spinning notes.
- 4B - uses ◄ , ▲, Triangle, and Circle buttons
- 5B - uses ◄ , ▲, Square and ► as 1 button, Triangle and Circle buttons
- 4BFX - a variation of 6B, uses ◄ , ▲, Triangle, Circle, buttons along with the L and R shoulder Buttons.
- 6B - uses ◄ , ▲, ►, Square, Triangle, and Circle buttons.
- Freestyle - Play songs with out the stage and combo limit in any button modes. You have to unlock the song first in order to play it.
- Full Motion Videos- The Videos in the Background are more detailed in motion and animation.
- Sound Equalizer While Playing- Off, Unique, Heavy, Pops, Jazz - DJMax uses PlayStation's built-in equalizer enhancements.
- Simplified Analog Use- Use of one direction for the Analog Stick, not just circling.
- Media Install Ready - Part of the game can be installed on the PSP Memory Stick to decrease loading times.
- Effectors Change - New Effectors:
- Fever - Sets the maximum Fever multiplier. Fever can either be Automated or Manually activated which on the latter, player can decide to activate Fever-Mode once it reaches the maximum Fever multiplier. Note that the automated Fever gauge fills up slower than that of the manual.
- HP UP - Increases maximum HP.
- Auto - Counts a certain number of missed notes as a Max 1% hit or allows for easy long notes (by holding after the note ends, get 100%)
- Track - Adds the Note effects such as Blinking.
Platinum Crew Patch
Players who were members of Platinum Crew (a premium service dealing with DJMax) were given a game patch for Clazziquai edition that can be turned on or off, once in effect the Patch gives these effects:
- Club Tour Season 2: This changes certain clubs, as in it changes its gameplay type, objectives and difficulty.
- New Song Patterns: Harder versions of songs can be played, but it won't be show as an alternative pattern and will appear as a certain pattern in disguise (EX: Dark Envy 4B MX Style will play when the player selects Dark Envy 4B Normal Style as long as the patch is on).
- 8 hidden songs: 8 of the game's songs could have their O.S.T. and music videos unlocked without the patch, but due to a glitch, the songs themselves can't be unlocked to play in Arcade mode. With the patch, the player had to play the song once in a Club Tour Music-type Club, then the song was unlocked to be played in any button mode and Freestyle. The 8 songs are:
- To you [80's POP] - Sweetune
- Tell me [Couple R&B] - Lee Geo!
- Proposed, Flower, Wolf [Piano Ballad] - ReX**
- DJMAX [MAX HOUSE] - Humming Urban Stereo
- Every Morning [80's 8bit] - ND Lee
- Memory of Beach [Dance Pop] - M2U
- Sunny Side [Bright RnB] - Croove
- Ask to wind [R&B Fantasy] Forte Escape
** This song is also unlocked by Link Disc to DJMax Portable Black Square
DJMax series Microsoft WindowsOnline • Trilogy PlayStation Portable PlayStation VitaTechnika Vita Arcade Cell phoneMobile • Tap Sonic Otheralbums
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.