- Conjugated microporous polymer
Conjugated microporous polymers (CMPs) are a sub-class of porous materials, related to structures such as zeolites, metal-organic frameworks, and covalent organic frameworks, but amorphous in nature, rather than crystalline. CMPs are also related to conductive polymers because these porous networks can exhibit extended conjugation.
Initial studies on these porous materials related mostly to gas sorption, but more recent work has focused on their potential in terms of catalysis, for example in the form of 'metal-organic CMPs', and also for light harvesting, taking advantage of their highly conjugated nature. Surface areas in CMPs can exceed 1000 m2/g in many cases, although related porous aromatic frameworks, which lack extended conjugation, can have much higher surface areas of more than 5500 m2/g. A further advantage claimed for CMP materials is the ability to derivatize them with a wide range of functional groups.
- ^ Jiang, J.-X.; F. Su, A. Trewin, C. D. Wood, N. L. Campbell, H. Niu, C. Dickinson, A. Y. Ganin, M. J. Rosseinsky, Y. Z. Khimyak, A. I. Cooper (2007). "Conjugated microporous poly(aryleneethynylene) networks". Angew. Chem., Int. Ed. 46: 8574–8578. doi:10.1002/anie.200701595.
- ^ Cooper, A. I. (2009). "Conjugated microporous polymers". Adv. Mater. 21: 1291–1295. doi:10.1002/adma.200801971.
- ^ Xie, Z. G.; C. Wang, deKrafft, K. E., Lin, W. B. (2011). "Highly stable and porous cross-linked polymers for efficient photocatalysis". J. Am. Chem. Soc. 133: 2056–2059. doi:10.1021/ja109166b.
- ^ Jiang, J.-X.; C. Wang, A. Laybourn, T. Hasell, R. Clowes, Y. Z. Khimyak, J. L. Xiao, S. J. Higgins, D. J. Adams, A. I. Cooper (2011). "Metal-organic conjugated microporous polymers". Angew. Chem., Int. Ed. 50: 1072–1075. doi:10.1002/anie.201005864.
- ^ Chen, L.; Y. Honsho, S. Seki, D. L. Jiang (2010). "Light-harvesting conjugated microporous polymers: Rapid and highly efficient flow of light energy with a porous polyphenylene framework as antenna". J. Am. Chem. Soc. 132: 6742–6748. doi:10.1021/ja100327h.
- ^ Ben, T.; H. Ren, S. Q. Ma, D. P. Cao, J. H. Lan, X. F. Jing, W. C. Wang, J. Xu, F. Deng, J. M. Simmons, S. L. Qiu, G. S. Zhu (2009). "Targeted synthesis of a porous aromatic framework with high stability and exceptionally high surface area". Angew. Chem., Int. Ed. 48: 9457–9460. doi:10.1002/anie.200904637.
- ^ Dawson, R.; A. Laybourn, R. Clowes, Y. Z. Khimyak, D. J. Adams, A. I. Cooper (2009). "Functionalized conjugated microporous polymers". Macromolecules 42: 8809–8816. doi:10.1021/ma901801s.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.