- Cincinnati Center City Development Corporation
Cincinnati Center City Development Corporation Type Non-Profit Founded 2003 in Cincinnati, Ohio Founder(s) Charlie Luken Key people Stephen G. Leeper (CEO & President)
Stephanie P. Gaither (Executive VP and CFO)
Chad Munitz (Executive VP-Development)
Bill Donabedian (Managing Director - Fountain Square)
Kelly Leon (Vice President, Communications & Community Relations)
Cincinnati Center City Development Corporation (3CDC) is a private, non-profit corporation based in Cincinnati, Ohio. Most of 3CDC's work targets the Gateway Quarter of the Over-the-Rhine neighborhood, Fountain Square, and the central business district of Cincinnati. According to their website, 3CDC's goals and objectives are to "create great civic spaces, create high density/mixed-use development, preserve historic structures and improve streetscapes, and create diverse, mixed-income neighborhoods supported by local businesses".
In July 2003, 3CDC was formed by former mayor of Cincinnati, Charlie Luken and other corporate community members. This was a result of a recommendation by a City of Cincinnati Economic Development Task Force. Most funds are gathered through corporate contributions. In 2004, 3CDC accepted responsibility for overseeing Cincinnati New Markets Fund and Cincinnati Equity Fund. Both funds provide 3CDC with much of the money needed for their projects.
- Fountain Square plaza and garage: October 2005 - October 2006
- Washington Park: August 2010 - February 2011
- Vine Street streetscape project: Summer 2009–Present
- Over-the-Rhine: ongoing project redeveloping streets starting with Vine Street and Central Parkway
- 5th and Race: Pending development of a current surface parking lot one block from Fountain Square
3CDC was involved in a lawsuit over its practices regarding Over-the-Rhine's Metropole building. It has been described as a "private non-profit"  by its director of development and its activities have been described as gentrification.
- ^ "Metropole Tenants Make History". 2011-10-03. http://streetvibes.wordpress.com/2011/10/03/metropole-tenants-make-history/.
- ^ "News: A Matter of Ownership". 2006-11-15. http://www.citybeat.com/cincinnati/article-1853-news_a_matter_of_ownership.html.
- ^ "Gentrification - It Ain't What You Think". 2006-07-12. http://www.my3cdc.org/index.php/contents/comments/gentrification_-_it_aint_what_you_think/.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.