- Postcode Anywhere
Postcode Anywhere is a UK-based web service provider specialising in
Software as a Service(SaaS). It is one of the most successful SaaScompanies in the UK, having amassed a substantial customer base and web presence largely through its postcode-lookup software and CRM integration. It was established in 1999 by Guy Mucklow and Jamie Turner. [http://www.postcodeanywhere.co.uk/contact/about.aspx]
Postcode Anywhere has received several industry awards. These include:
* Orange Best Use of Technology 2008 [http://www.business.orange.co.uk/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Business&c=OUKPage&cid=1044135750594#midlands%20and%20east%20of%20england]
* Growth and Small Business of the Year - 2008 Chamber Awards
* Best Use of Technology in an Emerging Business - European Retail Solutions Awards 2007 [http://www.europeanretailsolutionsawards.com/Pastwinners.asp?m_pid=0&m_nid=26331]
* ITC BET Award 2007
* Orange Best Use of Technology in Business - National Business Awards 2006
* Best Growth Through Use of Technology - Sage Daily Telegraph Business Awards 2005 Most IT-enabled small business (less than 500 employees) - Computing Awards 2005
* Best address management software - Smart Awards 2004
* Postcode Anywhere was a medallist at the BCS IT Industry Awards 2007 for Organisational Excellence and has been a finalist for several other awards. It has been included in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 as one of the UK's fastest-growing high-technology companies.
* Postcode Anywhere has also been highlighted by the
Microsoft Corporationas a market leader in web services using the .NET platform. [http://www.microsoft.com/casestudies/casestudy.aspx?casestudyid=52734]
Postcode Anywhere’s flagship product is its address look-up software, offered through a “
pay-as-you-go” payment model which offers a cost-effective solution to many, and particularly smaller, companies. It supplies other products through its Software as a Service(SaaS) model. These include: lifestyle profiling, international address data management, bank and credit card validation, geocoding and route optimisation.
oftware as a Service (SaaS)
Postcode Anywhere was an early advocate in the UK of
Software as a Service, and has had many successes to date with clients such as Xeroxand UNICEF. The aims of SaaSare to provide easier to set up and cheaper services through the ditching of more traditional static models of software licensing which have been so successful for companies like Microsoft. As such, SaaSis seen as part of the so-called Web 2.0revolution.
Postcode Anywhere continues to receive positive local press [http://archive.worcesternews.co.uk/2008/6/5/527734.html] but has yet to receive more mainstream recognition, despite its market penetration and numerous awards.
The company is looking to expand its US presence with sister company TheWebService.
* [http://www.postcodeanywhere.co.uk/ Postcode Anywhere main site]
* [http://www.thewebservice.com/ TheWebService]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.