- Dame Grease
Dame Grease Birth name Damon Blackmon Origin Harlem, New York Genres Hip hop Occupations Record producer, Producer, record executive Instruments Korg keyboard, sampler Years active 1997–present Labels Vacant Lot Productions , Lotmusik, Babygrande Records
Before becoming a staple on every mixtape, The LOX relied on the sounds of Grease in order to acquire the street buzz that landed them their deal on Bad Boy Records in 1996. Fellow Bad Boy Mase sought out Grease’s distinctive sound and gave him the opportunity to provide production on Mase’s triple platinum Harlem World. This led to Grease’s work as the primary producer on DMX’s classic debut It's Dark and Hell Is Hot, where Grease helped the Ruff Ryders mold both their image and their sound into what would become one of the most well-known hip hop crews. During this time, Grease taught and paved the way for Swizz Beatz, another sample-free producer, to make his mark on the game.
As Swizz began to make his mark through the teaching of his mentor, Dame Grease landed a deal with Priority Records to release music through his label, Vacant Lot. Rather than accept offers to be one of Puff Daddy’s legendary Hit Men or an in-house producer on Ruff Ryders, Grease chose to create his own Vacant Lot production company. In 2001, Dame Grease made the accession from producer to composer by providing the score for the Steven Seagal/DMX blockbuster Exit Wounds. In addition to his work on the film, Dame Grease also reunited with DMX on the soundtrack for X’s top-ten hit "Ain’t No Sunshine", an updated, yet much darker remake to the Bill Withers 1972 classic of the same name. Grease continued his work as a composer in on the 2003 box-office hit Cradle 2 the Grave, starring Jet Li, DMX, Gabrielle Union, and Anthony Anderson, as well as 2004’s Never Die Alone.
Grease may have been focused on scoring films, but he also made time in his schedule to put in work on several music projects throughout 2004 and 2005, including albums from LL Cool J, Kelis, DJ Kay Slay, DJ Envy, Slick Rick, Ol’ Dirty , and an artist on Dr. Dre’s Aftermath label named Aimee Terrin. Grease also kept the underground bubbling with “Crown Me,” a collaboration between T.I., Cam’ron, & Juelz Santana. In 2006, Dame Grease lent his hand to “Life Be My Song,” one of the most acclaimed tracks on DMX’s comeback album Year of the Dog…Again.
- Freeway Feat. Jay-Z - 2007
- "Big Spender"
- DJ Drama - 2007
- "Takin Pictures"
- DJ Dame Grease Feat. Nore & Styles P.- 2007
- "Sour Diesel"
- Hell Rell - 2007
- "Streets Gonna Luv Me"
- Das Racist
- "Get At Me Dog"
- "Here We Go Again Intro"
- "Walk These Dogs"
- "My Song
- "Who That"
- "Get Mines"
- "School Street"
- "Shorty Was The Bomb"
- "Trina Moe"
- "D-X-L (Hard White)"
- "Dogs 4 Life"
- "Fuckin' Wit' D"
- "Look Thru My Eyes"
- "Let Me Fly"
- "X is Coming"
- "Stop Being Greedy"
- "For My Dogs"
- "How's It Goin' Down"
- "I Can Feel It"
- "Niggas Done Started Somethin'"
- The LOX
- "Tribute To The Notorious B.I.G. We'll Always Love Big Poppa"
- Mary J. Blige
- "Dance With Me"
- LL Cool J
- "1 In The Mornin'"
- "Stick Up"
- "You Ain't Gettin' None"
- "Some Of Us Have Angels"
- "God Loves Us"
- "Quiet Niggas"
- "Ghetto Prisoners"
- DMX (MTV Presents Def Jam: Let The People Speak)
- "Get At Me Dog"
- Year Of The Dog Again
- "Walk These Dogs"
- "Life Be My Song"
- "Who Dat" (International bonus track)
- JR Writer "History In The Making"
- Capone 'N Noreaga
- "You Can't Kill Me"
- Funkmaster Flex Featuring Cam'ron And Juelz Santana
- "It's Nothing"
- Harlem World
- "Pointing Fingers"
- "Meaning Of Family"
- "Niggas Wanna Act"
- "Bad Boy 1997"
- Wu Tang Clan
- "And You Don't Stop"
- Fat Joe
- The LOX
- "If You Think I'm Jiggy"
- "Let's Start Rap Over"
- "Not To Bed With"
- "We'll Always Love Big Poppa"
- Tricky With DJ Muggs & Grease
- "Hot Like A Sauna"
- "I Like The Girls"
- "For Real"
- "Bom Diggy"
- Dame Grease
- ’’Live on Lenox’’
- DJ Kay Slay (‘’The Street Sweeper Vol. 1 Champions’’)
- "Coast To Coast Gangstas"
- Smack The Album Volume 1
- "Gonna Get Mine - DMX"
- Turn It Up (New Line Home Entertainment 2000)
- "Ja Rule, Pras, Robert Adetuyi"
- ’’Exit Wounds’’ (Warner Home Video 2001) - Producer
- "Steven Segal, Dmx, Andrzej Bartkowiak"
- ’’Cradle 2 the Grave’’ (Warner Home Video 2003) - Producer
- "Jet Li, Dmx, Andrzej Bartkowiak"
- ’’Never Die Alone’’ ( Fox Home Entertainment 2004) "DMX, David Arquette , Ernest R. Dickerson"
- ’’Hood Near You Radio’’ Mixtape-Giovanny (Creatior Of Hood Near You DVD)
- Narckotickz Trafficking Mixtape-Giovanny(Creatior Of Hood Near You DVD)
The world has seen a resurgence of Grease’s sound in 2007, with the Harlem producer securing DJ Drama’s lead-off “Takin’ Pictures” (featuring Young Jeezy, Rick Ross, Jim Jones, T.I., and Young Buck) and Freeway’s single “Big Spender” (featuring Jay-Z). Grease also produced several tracks on Hell Rell’s debut album “For The Hell Of It,” which has been described by many as one of the most well-rounded releases by a Dipset artist. Grease has also been hard at work on his own album and recently released the single “Sour Diesel,” which features N.O.R.E. and Styles P. With several more projects lined up that will last well into 2008, Dame Grease looks to continue to lace Hip Hop with the same quality production that he has for the past decade and a half.
In the year 2009, Dame Grease produced the track "Lambo Dreams" for Curren$y which will be included on Curren$y's This Aint No Mixtape: Championship Edition.
In a recent 2010 radio interview ,Dame discussed his forthcoming projects with The Lox, DMX and his new Max B project, pairing Max with unreleased verses from Notorious B.I.G. and 2 Pac.
Since 2010, Dame Grease has been producing a majority of French Montana's music.
Greasealizer (MAGIX Music Maker Greasealizer Version) - Released March 15, 2010: http://www.magix.com/us/music-maker-special-versions/greasealizer/
Dame Grease & JUiCY RNB Presents: Tanya aka T6 "The Introduction" - Released September 14, 2009 
"Goon Music 2.OWWW" with Evil Empire which was released on July 2009 
"Dame Grease & DJ Delz" Wave Gang 4 
"Dame Grease & DJ Delz" Strip Club Music 
- ^ Birchmeier, Jason. "Biography: Dame Grease". Allmusic. http://www.allmusic.com/artist/p354825/biography. Retrieved 10 July 2010.
- ^ Dame Grease interview 2010 - DMX, The Lox and Max B
- ^ http://www.datpiff.com/JUiCY_RNB_DJ_BENIHANA_TANYA_AKA_T6_The_Introduc.m65722.html
- ^ http://www.mixunit.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=11949
- ^ http://www.mixunit.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=12963
- ^ http://lexlevi.ning.com/profiles/blogs/dame-grease-amp-dj-delz-wave
- ^ http://www.mixtapepass.com/music/0000009250-strip_club_music.php
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.