- McDonald's products (international)
The McArabia is sold in the Middle East. In 2005, the McSahara was briefly sold. In late 2006, the Chicken Mystic, Le Petit plaisirs (small pleasures), and 280 gram Recette Moutarde (Mustard burger) were all released.
In addition to the
McArabia, McDonald's restaurants in Bahrain, beginning in March 2008, sell the McCrispy, a meal consisting of 1, 2, or 3 chicken stripsserved in a wrapper for a single strip or in a box for 2 or 3, with a choice of barbecue, sweet & sour, or garlic sauce. Like all Middle Eastern McDonald's restaurants, all food served in Bahraini outlets is halal.
In China, the Chicken McNuggets come with the traditional BBQ, Sweet & Sour, and Honey Mustard sauces, but there's also a chili garlic sauce (very popular in China).In China there are specific McDonald's restaurants and counters for ice cream, beverages, and desserts (otherwise rare in China). They also include crispy chicken wings on their menu which comes in 2, 4, and 6 pieces. There is also a seasonal Chinese New Year meal available, including Grilled Chicken Burger, curly fries, with a horoscope of the twelve zodiac animals of Chinese astrology and traditional "red" packets, or gift bags, for monetary gift giving as good luck. Note that all chicken burgers offered in Chinese McDonald's use thigh fillet (eg Premium Grilled Thigh Fillet Burger, Hot and Spicy Grilled Thigh Fillet Burger), rather than breast meat as per usual in occidental countries.
McDonald's sells beef, chicken and pork burgers. Fried chicken wings and nuggets are also popular. In some restaurants, a separate counter sells ice cream and desserts to pedestrians. Soft Serve Ice Cream can be ordered with either red beans or green beans. Some restaurants have a section for the McCafé. Apart from the general menu, it also promotes some other foods seasonally or longer, like spicy french fries, the Shogun Burger (a
Teriyakipork patty with lettuce, served in a sesame seed bun), Grilled Chicken Burger, twisted macaroni breakfasts, salads, soups, pineapple or red bean sundae, pineapple pies, taco flatbreads with pork, beef or chicken, rice fan-tastic (a burger-like entree with rice patties in place of buns) and many others. Hong Kong hosts some of the world's busiest McDonald's with many operating round the clock. It also sells many toys or dolls, like Hello Kitty, Snoopy, and Disney figures in addition to set meals, which are very popular. In Chinese New Year, red packets ("lai see") are included in set meals. During the local Bun Festival, McDonald's restaurant on the island of Cheung Chausells mushroom burgers instead of hamburgers and any other items which contains meat. In Kowloon Park, there is also a small counter named Snack Station selling ice cream, as well as a counter that sells McDonald's drinks in the swimming pool.
* Shake Shake Fries - flavored
French fries. Shake Shake Fries are only available in certain periods of time throughout the year. There are several different flavors including seaweed, chargrill, French onionand saltand pepper.
Beef and pork products are not served to cater to Indian religious sensitivities. Chicken (only Halal) along with fish are the only meat products used.
In India, meat and vegetarian meals are prepared in separate areas of the restaurant because of religious laws about preparation of food for vegetarians and meat-eaters. Cooks preparing vegetarian dishes wear distinctive green
The Big Mac is replaced by the Maharaja Mac, which was originally made with lamb but is now made with chicken.
Mexican-style wraps for both vegetarians and non-vegetarians, such as the Paneer-Salsa wrap and the Chicken-Mexican wrap, and Curry pans in Shahi-Paneer and Chicken-Tikka variations are also offered.
Other items on the Indian Menu include chicken products such as the McChicken Burger and Chicken McGrill (a burger with a thin chicken patty, thin slices of both onions and tomatoes, filled with green chutney replacing the usual layer of mayonnaise).
The vegetarian burger menu consists of the McAloo Tikki Burger. It is a vegetable burger with potato, peas, and spices, tomato, onion, and a vegetable-tomato
mayonnaise. [cite web|url=http://www.mcdonaldsindia.com/ourfood/veg/mcaloo_tikki.html|title=::Welcome to McDonald's India :: ]
McVeggie is another Vegetarian burger on the menu. It looks similar to the above McAloo Tikki Burger, but is made from mixed vegetables, peas, and spices, lettuce and veg mayonnaise (referred to as Veg Sauce in India).
Another new Menu Item added is the McSurprise burger. It contains a patty, onion, Italian mayonnaise.
There is also a Pizza McPuff, consisting of a puff pastry stuffed with peas, sliced cheese etc.
McDonald's sells fried chicken, which is by far more popular than the hamburgers. McRice is also offered, a small mound of steamed, plain rice. McSoup is a chicken flavored soup with bits of reconstituted croutons and vegetables. A bun containing a beef patty covered with satay sauce (spicy ground peanut sauce) is sold as Mc Sate.
Kosherbranches only in Israel and Argentina. [cite web|url=http://www.frommers.com/destinations/buenosaires/D55904.html|title=Kosher McDonald's | Restaurant Review | Buenos Aires | Frommers.com ]
* McShawarma (shawarma served in flatbread) and McKebab (kebab served on flatbread) are specialty items on the Israeli menu.
* All meat served at McDonald's in Israel is kosher.
* Israel and Argentina are also the only places in the world where McDonald's burgers are barbecued on charcoal rather than fried.
* In Israel most branches are non kosher since they serve Cheeseburgers (which are non-kosher by judaism) and they serve ice-cream (produced from milk). In the kosher branches they do not serve either.
*Regular Menu Items
** Teriyaki McBurger - Ground pork sandwich with mayonnaise, lettuce, and teriyaki sauce.
** Ebi-Chiki Set - 2 shrimp nuggets and 3 chicken nuggets.
** Ebi Filet-O - Shrimp burger with special sauce and lettuce.
** Shaka Shaka Chicken: Fried chicken patty served in a paper pouch. Comes with seasonings that is shaken in the bag.
** French Fries can be purchased in barbecue, seaweed, and Italian basil flavors.
*Seasonal Menu Items
** Ume Nuggets - Chicken McNuggets with sour "ume" (Eng: plum) sauce for dipping.
** Chicken Katsu Burger - Breaded chicken sandwich flavored with soy sauce and ginger.
** Salsa Burger - Breaded chicken sandwich with salsa,
** Korokke Burger - Sandwich with breaded mashed potatoes, shredded cabbage, and katsu sauce. Served with or without cheese.
** Tamago Double Mac - Hamburger with 3 beef patties, pepper sauce, bacon, and a poached egg. Served with or without cheese.
** Tsukimi Burger (lit. moon-viewing burger) Hamburger with 1 beef patty, mayonnaise-ketchup mixed sauce, bacon and a poached egg, served before and during
Mid-Autumn Festival. The egg represents the moon.
** Green Tea-flavored milkshakes
** Macaroni and Cheese Burger
There is a special menu named Prosperity Burger only for the Chinese New year festive season. There is also the Ayam Goreng McD which literally translated means McD's Fried Chicken, a crispy two piece fried chicken meal. The McSpicy available in Singapore is also available in Malaysia, marketed under the name Chicken McDeluxe. During the 2006 football season, spicy McNuggets were also introduced for a short period of time along with spicy Ayam Goreng McD. Another long time favourite is Bubur Ayam McD which literally translates to "chicken porridge" or congee. Bubur Ikan McD which is fish porridge/congee was also served for a short time.
Fried chicken is also offered in Malaysia but it is not more popular than hamburgers as in neighbouring Indonesia, perhaps because of competition from Kentucky Fried Chicken and local fried chicken outlets.
For a limited time only, a burger consisting of four beef patties, called the Mega Mac, was introduced in Malaysia.
There is a Spicy McChicken burger that has chutney in it. There is also a McChutney Burger, a meatball sandwich called the McKofta, and strawberry custard pie. Also, McArabia was recently introduced, with a chicken patty rolled up in Pita bread.
McDonald's sells items that cater to local tastes. Some of the following:
* McSpaghetti - spaghetti noodles served in sweet tomato-based sauce, hot dogs and grated pasteurized cheese
* Burger McDo - beef/pork burger served with Special Sauce (a sweeter version of thousand island sauce) in a bun
* McRice Burger - ground beef burger, or chicken fillet served with special sauce in fried rice cakes.
* Twister Fries - breaded twister-shaped French fries fried in vegetable oil. Only served for a limited time
* Chicken McDo - available in 1 or 2 piece orders, these are fried chicken served with rice/McSpaghetti (1 piece only) and chicken gravy, also available in a spicy variant
* Crispy Chicken Fillet - breaded chicken fillet served with rice and chicken gravy
* Longga McRice Burger - standard McRice Burger but with a longganisa (Philippine chorizo) instead of beef or chicken. Served only during breakfast hours as opposed to the other McRice variations.
* Longganisa w/ Rice - these are longganisas (Philippine chorizo) served with rice and is available only during breakfast hours.
* McNuggets Rice - 5 pieces of McChicken Nuggets served with rice and barbecue sauce.
* 2pc Burger Steak - 2 burger patties covered with mushroom gravy served with rice
* Chicken Party Pack - a pack of Chicken McDo, comes in 5 and 10 piece orders.
* Corned Beef w/ Rice - breakfast meal served with rice
McDonald's also combine some of its items to form combos, also to compete with
McDonald's offers the McSpicy (formerly known as the McSpicy Double), a McChicken but with a thick thigh chop prepared with a special spicy zest. The McArabia is also offered as the Grilled Chicken Foldover. The McPepper Burger was on limited offer, consisting of two beef patties covered in black pepper sauce and topped with diced onions.Milkshakes are available only at dessert kiosks at selected outlets. Dessert kiosks also sell waffle cone ice cream with three flavors, Chocolate, Vanilla and Twist. You can now also buy Rice Fantastics which are rice patties filled with shredded beef or chicken with lettuce to compete with Japanese rice burger company Mos Burger.
Until 2002, McDonald's Singapore offered Chicken McCrispy, which was a box meal of two pieces of chicken. But since then, McDonald's has changed their menu towards providing more finger foods e.g. Fish McDippers, Chicken McNuggets, Chicken McWings.
Has the Bulgogi Burger (pork patty in
bulgogimarinade, as of 5/07), McBingsoo ( PatbingsuKorean shaved ice), as well as the Shrimp Burger similar to the Ebi-Filet-O in Japan. Also interesting is that there is a deposit levy charged on cups (100 Won) which is refunded on return of cups to any McDonald's location for recycling or reuse.
McDonald's serves the Samurai Pork Burger, flavored with teriyaki sauce. Chili Sauce is available along with ketchup. Other Thailand-specific items that have been sold include rice patties made with jasmine rice, and a salad shaker based on "som tam", papaya salad.
McDonald's has introduced "kao fan" (literally "baked rice"), a burger-like entree with rice patties in place of buns. It is modeled on the eponymous product of McDonald's Japanese rival, MOS Burger.
McDonald's offers the Turkish drink ayran and McTurco, a type of Turkish Kebab with either chicken or lamb.
A new kind of square hamburger that fits to Turkish taste is MaxBurger.
Additionally, Turkey features a sour cherry pie, which is similar to the Apple Pie. Sour cherry is a popular flavor in Turkey and the pie predates the U.S. cherry pie.
The "Croque McDo" consists of 2 melted slices of Emmental cheese and a slice of ham toasted between 2 hamburger buns and is the McDonald's approach to the more traditional Croque-monsieur snack found in France/Belgium or McTosti in The Netherlands (only offered during breakfast).
A regular menu item in the Czech Republic is the McCountry, which consists of a pork sausage patty on a plain bun with lettuce, tomato, onion and mayonnaise.
In Finland, most of the hamburgers on the menu are available with rye bread in place of the regular bun. The origin of this idea was the promotional product "McRuis". (eng. McRye)
The McFeast is also a part of the set menu in Finland, although it differs from the original burger. The Finnish variant contains no ham and is essentially identical to the Quarter Pounder except for the fact that it contains salad, a slice of tomato and mayonnaise.
"El Maco" is a burger with barbecue sauce. The El Maco meal comes with a barbecue spice mixture and a paper bag in which the fries and the spice mixture are poured. By shaking the paper bag the fries get a barbecue seasoning.
In France, McDonald's also offer
Kronenbourg 1664in 25 or 33 cl measures.The "Croque McDo" is also offered which is a toasted cheese and ham sandwich, similar to the French classic Croque-monsieur.Every three months or so, a new "Petit Plaisir" is introduced. It's a sandwich made of chicken or of beef.
In Hungary, hash browns are called "McBuri". The menu, however, is nearly identical with most European markets.
McDonald's sells the McKroket. A deep-fried roll containing beef ragout, similar (except for the shape) to the Dutch Croquette (Also spelled as kroket, hence the name) sold in snack bars. In snack bars mostly with mustard, with or without a bun.
In Norway, McDonald's has sold McLaks, a
salmonburger. [cite web|url=http://www.thecoolhunter.net/food/Fast-Food-Change---McDonalds/|title=Fast Food Change - McDonalds ]
* McKiełbasa (lit. McSausage) - Commercial failure that was quickly pulled off the menu.
* WieśMac (lit. CountryMac) - A highly popular seasonal product that became part of the regular menu. This sandwich used to consist of two 46g beef patties, now consits of one quater-pound patty, with fresh onions, lettuce, one slice of cheddar cheese and two shots of mustard&horseradish sauce on a quarterpounder sesame-seed bun.
* Pikantny Kurczakburger (lit. Spicy Chickenburger) - Part of the Polish equivalent of a dollar menu, a chicken sandwich with lettuce and hot mexican sauce on a regular burger bun. Quickly became a highly popular menu item.
* McRoyal and Double McRoyal - Known worldwide under various names, this basic quarterpounder sandwich has been on&off the menu. Since November 2007 both regular and double Royals were again part of the regular menu. Since 27th August 2008 Double McRoyal is discontinued.
* Big Tasty Bacon - A variation of the Big'N'Tasty sandwich with a strip of bacon. Discontinued.
* Tortilla - Part of the regular menu, a chicken tortilla with two shots of both mayonnaise and mild mexican sauce with lettuce and a slice of tomato. There was also a seasonal version with curry sauce, otherwise the same.
* Kanapka Alpejska (lit. Alpine Sandwich, a variation of Big Rösti) - Seasonal product last available in winter 2008. Consisted of one quarter-pound beef patty, a Big Rösti hash brown potato patty, ementaler cheese, a strip of bacon and Big Rösti sauce. Served on an onion bun.
* Kanapka Tatrzańska (lit. Tatra Sandwich, otherwise known as Big Cheese) - Seasonal product last available in winter 2008. Consisted of cheddar and ementaler cheese, one quarter-pound beef patty and fondue sauce on a square
* Kurczak Po Grecku (lit. Greek Chicken Sandwich)- Commercial failure that was quickly pulled off the menu.
* Ciabatta Grande - Commercial failure that was quickly pulled off the menu.
* Kanapka Krewetkowa (lit. Shrimps Sandwich) - Seasonal product since 1st July 2008, since 27th August 2008 in regular menu. Consits quater-pound patty made of 12 shrimps, lettuce and special sauce on bun with herbs.
*Beef Lang Zu - Seasonal product between 1st July and 26th August 2008. Consisted of one beef and onion patty, lettuce, wasabi sauce and karubi sauce. Served on McRib bun.
Currently in McDonald's you can order McFlurry combination made of one topping (Crunch, Daim, Lion or Kitkat) ond one icing (chocolate, caramel or strawberry taste). Past McFlurry toppings include M&M's ,Nesquik , Nescafé Frappé and Nestlé Baci.
El Mexico, and Greek Salad are offered in a special menu. A McCountry (pork fillet) is on the regular menu.
The McFeast consists of a quarter pound patty, mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato and onion, for a fresher burger. The El Maco/El Maco Grande is a burger with salsa sauce.
United Kingdom and Ireland
"McDonald's Cola" was served instead of Coca-Cola until the early 1990s. Root beer was also available at UK McDonald's until the early 1990s when it was replaced with Diet Coke. Irn-Bru is additionally available in restaurants in Scotland. British McDonald's also serve donuts coated with Cadbury's milk chocolate as well as serving “Oatso Simple”, a porridge made by Quaker Oats introduced to the UK in 2005, before 10.30am. They also use Heinz Tomato Sauce branded products and they have a
curryflavored sauce for their McNuggets. McDonald's allows franchisees to charge 5p for ketchup and other sauces. Recent promotional items include(d)
* Apple Pie Sundae (caramel sauce drizzled over soft serve ice cream served with a miniature sized hot apple pie placed into the top)
* Mozzarella Dippers
* Big BBQ
* BBQ Chicken Premiere with Bacon
* "Great Taste Of America" burgers, oval 1/3 pound beef burgers based on four American locales (New York, Chicago, Las Vegas and Texas) lasting 1 week each.
* Big Cheese and Bacon
* Cheese Melt Dippers
* Mincemeat and custard pie
The McChicken Premiere Sandwich was permanently removed from the menu, and replaced by the Chicken Legend - a chicken breast coated in seasoned batter with either spicy tomato salsa or cool mayonnaise. The Spicy Vegetable Burger (used in Vegi Delis and vegetable burgers) will also be renewed to suit a new vegetarian award to be given to McDonald's.
January 2008 saw the introduction of the limited edition Hot and Spicy Quarter Pounder, along with the return of potato wedges and board game Happy Meals e.g. Guess Who, Twister and Operation
February 2008 saw the introduction of the Bacon Roll on the normal menu.
McFlurry toppings in the UK McDonald's are currently:
*Terrys Chocolate Orange
*Corneto (Chocolate, Strawberry, Mint)
Including the Caribbean sea
* In 2006, deli sandwiches were introduced.
* The McLobster, a
lobster roll, is available seasonally in the Maritime Provinces. It is called McHomard in French.
* Two versions of pizza have been rolled out on a regional basis: A full family sized pizza, and a personal pizza which eventually replaced it when the original version did not sell strongly enough. These were eventually discontinued as the market was highly competitive and tiny profit margins did not allow either product to be very profitable. There was also a small,
Calzone-style McPizza for some time, which resembled an apple pie.
* In the province of
Quebec, french fries from a combo may be substituted by McDonald's version of poutine, which consists of fries topped with cheese curds and gravy. In 2008, poutine was added to the national menu under the name My Poutine, although it had been available in Quebec for over a decade.
Shellfish- McDonald's offers various types of shellfish dishes on a regional basis. In the New Englandregion of the US, McDonald's offers lobsterrolls on a seasonal basis, and in the Mid-Atlantic statesregion crab cakesare offered.
* Touchdown Burger - sold in
Wisconsinand seasonally in southeastern Michigan.
* Johnsonville Brats - A toasted hot dog bun with a Johnsonville
Bratwurst, topped with spicy mustard and onions. Available seasonally and in a 2 Brat Extra Value Meal. Sold in Wisconsin, southern Michigan, northern Illinoisand northwest Indiana. Also briefly available in Cleveland, Ohioin the late 1990s.
* Texas Homestyle Burger - a quarter pound (113.4 gram) beef patty, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, and spicy mustard. Sold in Texas, although it was available as an LTO (limited time offer) item called the Southwest Homestyle Burger in New Mexico.
* Cajun McChicken Sandwich - it is a variation of the McChicken sandwich with Cajun spices mixed into the breading on the chicken portion. LTO item sold in
Southern United States.
Hawaiifranchises offer saiminon their regular menu. Spam or Portuguese sausage with eggs and white rice is offered as a breakfast item. A Spam McGriddlesandwich has also been offered as an LTO item. Pineappleand taropies have also been occasionally offered on the regular menu, and pineapple is also sometimes available as an additional topping on burgers. Haupiapie was recently introduced in Hawaii locations as an LTO. In Waikikilocations, small trays of pineapple can be ordered as a side-dish.
New Mexicocustomers are offered the option of Bueno Foodsbrand Green Chile on their burgers.
In Costa Rica, fried chicken and the McNifica are available, but no Filet-O-Fish. The Fruit and Yogurt has strawberries and peaches. For breakfast,
gallo pinto(a traditional seasoned rice and black bean dish) is served with scrambled eggs and pancakes with butter and marmalade. "Derretidos" are also common. They consist of two hamburger breads with cheese inside. They are grilled to make it flat.
* The McNifica, a salted beef patty served with cheese, lettuce, and tomato (which was added to compete directly with
Burger King's Whopper), is sold in Panama as well as several other countries throughout Latin America (including Argentina and Costa Rica).
The restaurants in Curacao offer fried chicken (2pc. or 4pc. alone or in a Value Meal; Mighty Wings alone or in a Value Meal). Most American promotions are carried. The Double Big Mac has never been available. The Big&Tasty is known as the McBurger Supreme.
The Australian menu remained relatively unchanged until 2003, when the Salads Plus menu was launched. The new menu saw the introduction of healthier options, all with less than 10 grams of fat. Products included a chicken salad and garden salad, a chicken
flatbreadsandwich, a veggieburger, a low-fat yoghurt parfait, low-fat muffins, apples and bottled water. Salads Plus has recently been rebranded to Lighter Choices. More products have been added including a wider range of chicken salads (herbed chicken and chicken caesar varieties), a lean beef burger, fruit bags, alternative breakfast options and bottled fruit juices.
In 2004, a range of deli styled rolls were introduced. Branded as Deli Choices, it was the biggest project McDonald's Australia had undertaken since the launch of the breakfast menu in the late 1980's. Each restaurant had to be retro-fitted to accomodate new refridgeration and cooking equipment. Deli Choices initially launched with six varieties, including Chicken Caesar, Chicken Tandoori, Italian, Turkey & Cranberry, Veggie Delight and Bacon & Egg. Today the menu has been scaled down to four, and wholemeal bread is now an option.
The Tick Menu was launched in 2007. This menu simply showcases existing burgers, rolls and salads which are approved by the
National Heart Foundation of Australia. The same year, five new chicken products we're permanently introduced and placed in a new Chicken & Fish menu.
Below is a list of more products that are unique to the Australian market.
* McFeast Deluxe - Similar to the American burger, except McChicken sauce replaces Deluxe sauce.
* Lean Beef Burger - A lean beef patty with Tatsoi lettuce, tomato, onion, low-fat cheese and ketchup.
* Crispy Chicken Classic - A crispy chicken patty with Tatsoi lettuce, mayonnaise and served on a wheat bun.
* Crispy Chicken Deluxe - A crispy chicken patty with Tatsoi lettuce, tomato,
Coon cheese, ranch sauce and served on a wheat bun. Bacon is an optional extra.
* Mini Snack Wrap - A strip of breast chicken in a crispy coating with lettuce and mayonnaise, wrapped in tortilla bread.
* Mini Dippers - Three strips of breast chicken in a crispy coating, served with a choice of ranch or mustard sauce.
* Pasta Pets Happy Meal - Animal shaped pasta pieces filled with cheese and vegetables, served with an Italian pasta sauce and a choice of french fries or apple slices.
* Nudie Fruit Juices - Bottles of 100% fruit juice available in mango, strawberry and blueberry flavours.
* Waffle Cone - A seasonal dessert available throughout the year. Past flavours have included Arnott's Mint Slice, wildberry, passionfruit, and choc mint.
* Cadbury Twirl - A mini
Cadbury Twirlchocolate bar which can be added to a soft-serve cone or sundae. This replaces the mini Cadbury Flakewhich was discontinued in 2008.
Past promotional items include;
* McOz - A quarter pound beef patty with lettuce, tomato, beetroot, cheese, mustard, ketchup and cooked onion. Due to popularity, the McOz replaced the McFeast Deluxe from 1999 to 2007.
* Five Star Beef Burger - A long beef patty with Tatsoi lettuce, Coon cheese, cooked capsicum and onion, special gourmet sauce and served on a long wheat bun.
* Chili Quarter Pounder - A Quarter Pounder with Cheese, with chili sauce instead of mustard and ketchup.
* Big Kahuna Burger - A quarter pound beef patty with lettuce, tomato, pineapple, onion, mustard and ketchup.
* Crispy Chicken Focaccia - A crispy chicken patty with Tatsoi lettuce, sour cream and salsa, served on a herbed
* Grilled Chicken Burger - A chicken patty which was char grilled prior to freezing, with lettuce, tomato, shredded carrot and special mayonnaise.
* Romano Burger - A crispy chicken patty with Italian sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese, served on a herbed focaccia bun.
* Triple Cheeseburger - A cheeseburger with three beef patties and two slices of cheese. Now a permanent menu item.
* Tandoori Burger - A marinated Tandoori chicken patty with lettuce and mint yoghurt sauce, served on flatbread.
* Vege Burger -
Chickpeapatty with Tatsoi lettuce, tomato and special light sauce.
* Toasted Sandwiches - Several varieties have been used in the past, including Cheese & Tomato; Ham, Cheese & Tomato and Ham, Cheese & Pineapple.
* Shaker Fries - French fries served with a sachet of seasoning. Flavours included barbecue and chicken seasoning.
* Chive Omelette Roll - An egg omelette filled with herbs and chives, served with bacon and barbecue sauce on a toasted roll.
* Massive McMuffin - Two sausage patties, egg, bacon, cheese and ketchup on an English muffin.
* Apple & Custard Pie - An apple pie filled with custard.
* McDelicious - A flat mud chocolate muffin with soft-serve and hot fudge topping.
* McPavolva - A flat pavlova base with soft serve and passionfruit topping.
* McFlurry - Past McFlurry flavours include
Oreo, Nestle Milo, Nestle Drumstick, Wonka Nerds and Berry Blast.
McDonald's Australia also celebrated the Beijing Olympics with a range of promotional items;
* Gold Medal Pudding - Warm chocolate pudding served with soft-serve ice-cream.
* McEurope - A crispy chicken patty served with lettuce, parmesan cheese and Napoletana sauce served on a wheat bun.
* McAmerica - A breakfast bagel with bacon, egg, cheese and spicy tomato sauce.
* McAfrica - Two all beef patties with lettuce, tomato, cheese and Harrissa sauce served on a wheat bun.
* McAsia - Two strips of crispy chicken with Tatsoi lettuce, cucumber, mayonnaise and sweet chili sauce wrapped in tortilla bread.
* McAustralia - A quarter pound beef pattie with lettuce, tomato, Coon cheese, pineapple, bacon and barbecue sauce served on a damper bun.
Due to popular public demand, the
Kiwiburgerwas re-introduced to the menu in 2007, It consists of an all-beef patty, egg, tomato, lettuce, cheese, onion, cooked beetroot, sauce and mustard in a toasted bun. In April 2007 Large Ravioli Bits began being served as part of the Happy Meal menu. 'Pasta Zoo' comes in animal shaped pasta filled with a cheese, vegetable mixture. It comes with tong-like grippers used to dip the pasta into a tomato sauce. In 2007, McDonald's introduced the Down Under Deluxe - a home-style burger, named via a nation-wide public contest, and also launched the "Made to Order" menu which consisted of all burgers cooked fresh upon ordering and encouraged customers to personalize their tastes.
Kosherbranches only in Israel and Argentina. [cite web|url=http://www.frommers.com/destinations/buenosaires/D55904.html|title=Kosher McDonald's | Restaurant Review | Buenos Aires | Frommers.com ]
* The Kosher branches in Argentina are also the only places in the world (apart from Israel) where McDonald's burgers are barbecued on charcoal rather than fried.
McDonald's offers Cheddar McMelt, a sandwich with beef burger, cheddar cheese and grilled onions flavored with soy sauce.
In Chile, customers can add avocado paste to any sandwich, other than the McPalta ("Chilean Spanish for: McAvocado") whose basis is the avocado paste along with "lomito" or pork. Cheese empanadas are also sold at all McDonald's locations in Chile under the same category as fries.
McDonald's offers ají (a spicy sauce made from peppers) for customers to dip their fries in or add to their hamburgers.
In Venezuela, McDonalds also offers
arepas as breakfast choice, this is because it's the preferred meal of most of the Venezuelan population.
Burger King products
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.