name = CADAM
latest release version =
latest release date =
latest preview version =
latest preview date =
frequently updated =
programming language =
operating system = Unix
CADAM (Computer Augmented Design And Manufacturing) is a CAD related product that was developed by Lockheed. CADAM is/was software originally written for
IBMmainframes and later ported to UNIX workstations. A variant of CADAM called MicroCADAM was also developed, which also ran on PCs under DOS.
* IBM agrees to sell CADAM to aerospace companies
* CADAM Release 18.3 Released. Provided support for IBM mainframes running
* CADAM INC is formed as a subsidiary of Lockheed Corp.
* CADAM, Inc v.
Adage, Inc.CADAM INC successfully sues Adage over the CADAM look-and-feel. One of the first look-and-feel court cases. 1989
* CADAM INC is sold to IBM. CADAM INC an IBM Company is formed.
* CSC/Microcadam is formed.:CADAM INC develops and enhances CADAM (mainframes) and Professional CADAM (workstations):CSC/MicroCADAM develops MicroCADAM
* Professional CADAM ported to IBM
RS/6000. One of the first non-IBM applications for the workstation. 1991
* Soules v. CADAM court case decision. [http://online.ceb.com/CalCases/CA4/2CA4t390.htm]
* IBM sells CADAM INC to
Dassault Systèmes. This entity is called "Dassault Systemes of America" (DSA)DSA maintains mainframe CADAM and Professional CADAM
Altiumis created.Altium supports MicroCADAM and PCAD 1993
* MicroCadam was made available via a free license for use on DOS PCs. Copies of this free version are still available on the internet.
* [http://mbinfo.mbdesign.net/CAD-History.htm CAD history]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.