- Hierarchy of devils
The hierarchy of devils in
Christian mythologyis outlined the exorcistFather Sebastien Michaelisin "Admirable History", first published in 1612. In this work, he also noted the sins of which each is in charge.
Fallen angels of the first sphere - namely the Seraphim, Cherubim and Thrones.
Azazel(also known as Azrial) was second after Semyazzain leading the grigori, who fathered the Nephilim. And the chief of the nine choirs of angels are fallen. "Of the choir of Seraphimthere fell the three first, to wit, Lucifer, Beelzebub and Leviathan, who did all revolt." [ [http://demons.monstrous.com/beelzebub.htm Sister Madeleine de Demandoix of Aix-en-Provence] ] Michael was the first that resisted Lucifer, and the rest of the "good" angels followed him and so he is now the chief among them. (It is not known why Azazel is the leader of the Nephilim and not Lucifer.)
Beelzebubis the lord of Dark Places, people say that he was the angel of Germs or Plague.
*Asmodeus is of the same order. He continues as a Seraphim to this day, that is, he burns with the desire to tempt men with his wine of luxuriousness.
Samael(Some texts have Samael as Satan's true angelic name instead of Lucifer)
Semyazza(also Samyaza, Shemyazaz, Sêmîazâz, Semjâzâ, Shemyaza, Shemhazai) was the leader of the fallen Grigori(meaning "Watchers" in Greek). The Grigori were bound to the earth during the Great Floodas punishment for their fall.
Balberithis Prince of the Cherubim. He tempts men to commit homicides, and to be quarrelsome, contentious, and blasphemous.
* SalikotalFact|date=April 2007
Luciferor Satanis the leader of the hierarchy of devils
Astaroth, Prince of the Thrones, is always desirous to sit idle and be at ease. He tempts men with idleness and sloth.
* Verrine is also one of the Thrones and is next in place after Astaroth. He tempts men with impatience.
Gressilis the third in the order of Thrones. He tempts men with impurity and uncleanness.
Sonneillonis the fourth in the order of Thrones. He tempts men with hatred against their enemies.
* Forneas is the sixth in the order of the throne. He tempts men to commit suicide.
Pruflasis the ninth in order of the thrones. He tempts men to lie and cheat.
Raumis the tenth in order of the thrones. He tempts men to steal.
* Carreau, Prince of Powers. He tempts men with hardness of heart.
* Carnivean is also a Prince of Powers. He tempts men to obscenity and shamelessness.
* Oeillet is a Prince of Dominions. He tempts men to break the vow of poverty.
Rosieris the second in the order of Dominions. He tempts men against sexual purity.
* Verrier is Prince of Principalities. He tempts men against the vow of obedience.
Belialis the Prince of the Order of Virtues. He tempts men with arrogance.
* Olivier is the Prince of the Archangels. He tempts men with cruelty and mercilessness toward the poor.
* Luvart is Prince of Angels.
Hierarchy of angels
* "The Entrance"
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.